“Helpful and friendly staff”

Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wainwright
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business in the interim of moving to the area. The hotel staff was extremely helpful, went above and beyond to assist me any way they could (kept breakfast out later as I was cutting too close to the end of breakfast time, left the pool open a bit later for me to access after work). Although the room was fairly spacious and bed was comfortable, the pillows were very large and difficult to sleep on. Would be nice to see alternative sizes available to switch if needed.

2  Thank MWS14
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your most resent stay at the Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites. I will pass on the comments to the staff. It is our goal to surpass our guest’s expectations by showing we care in a way that earns our guest loyalty. It is reviews like this that shows that our team is living the vision. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here and the hotel was very nice but we had some issues. There was 12 of us and when we went to the pool the water discolored our bathing suits and our eyes burned. The manager said all the chemicals were correct and did not know why this would happen she said she'd check the footage of the pool and call me back... almost 2 weeks later and no call. In one of our rooms the heat was not working and we had to wake the kids up and move them because the was no repair person to fix the thermostat. We were told that the hotel is 5 years old and things are breaking down. When your paying $160 a night to ensure a comfortable relaxing stay I feel there is no excuse good enough When your traveling the next day with cranky babies and having to go buy more bathing suits. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jody P
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Jody P,
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review about your most recent stay and for your comment about our nice hotel. My TEAM and I are very proud of our property and it truly shows after being open for close to five years and our hotel still looks and performs like new.

I really appreciate you bringing your challenges to me regarding our indoor pool and in-room heater when we connected just two days after you checked out. I certainly understand the challenges you experienced would have been frustrating.

Your comfort and safety and providing superior customer care is our main priority. Our indoor pool and hot tub is maintained on a daily basis to ensure all chemicals levels are balanced and in accordance to Alberta Health Services standards. I immediately started investigating as to why your bathing suits would have changed colour after our first conversation and left you a voicemail on April 17th, 2014 to further discuss.

Although we did our best to trouble shoot the in-room heater over the phone that evening, as it turns out the unit needed more repair and the best solution was to move the guest to another room so their children could have a comfortable sleep. The guest in the room was very understanding and pleased with the discount my front desk team provided for any inconvenience.

Thank you again Jody for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel soon.
I will continue to try to reach you and I look forward to speaking with you further. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 780-845-9934.

With Care,
Lana Morgan

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The rooms are clean, the hotel is quiet and the breakfast is good. The hotel is in a good location with Tim nor tons just across the street. Canadian tire and walmart are right next door also. Will return.

Craig,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at the Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites.

I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to visiting with you again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This property has a lot of pluses/ pros!
- This Best Western is new and staffed by friendly, helpful people.
- The room has a mini-fridge and microwave, and coffee maker.
- You can customize your room cleaning, for example choosing a full cleaning or only a towel replacement, etc.
- Breakfast includes two different types of eggs per day, bacon, sausage, hash browns, cereals, toast, English muffins, sweet muffins, coffee, tea, yogurt, a fruit cup, and other items.
- I think the coffee and tea were actually available all day.
- There is a computer with inkjet printer for guests to freely use. There is also free wifi in the rooms.
- The fitness room has a few cardio machines, a cable weight machine, dumbbells and a weight bench. The swimming pool is large, and there is a hot tub.
- There is a Walmart Supercentre and a No Frills grocery store close by.

Cons:
- There is no free newspaper.
- The in-room mini fridge hums quietly but steadily.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I had noticed that you mentioned that we did not have free newspapers. For your next visit we do offer newspapers and they are located in the lobby. When visiting our property again we would be more than happy to have a paper placed in your room for your reading pleasure. We look forward to visiting with you again if ever back in the Wainwright area. Again thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Great accommodations and excellent staff. The room was very clean and modern. The location was ideally located near everything in town. I would highly recommend this hotel as the best in Wainwright. The pool was perfect and the workout room was just the right size.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

As a Diamond Elite Best Western member I was very disappointed by the service that I received when I checked into the hotel by Jessica the front desk clerk. Ask a Diamond Elite member I asked for a room upgrade which is one of the perks of the program. Jessica informed me that I was lying and that there was no such thing. After she gave me my room key I asked for my welcome snack as there was a gift bag off to the side of the front desk with my name on it. She replied saying that we don't have gift bags. When I pointed it out to her she said "Oh I forgot about that". It is sad when a poorly trained employee can ruin the reputation of a nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank albertaguy24
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had a fantastic multi night stay at the wainwright BW. The staff are very helpful. They are genuine people who gave the hotel a family feeling rather than dealing with a corporate robot. The room was superb, say European 3 star plus. The bed was very comfortable. i had a suite with a couch so chilling after work was perfect. The gym had enough equipment to keep me happy. The continental breakfast included hot items and fresh waffles, a pleasant surprise indeed. Will I stay again?? I have re-booked already.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Stuart C
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review for your most recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience and that the staff went above and beyond to make your stay most enjoyable. Our Vision is to surpass our guest expectations by showing we care in a way to earn our guests loyalty. It shows in reviews like this that the staff is living the vision. We are glad you felt like part of the family and that you have such high praise for our property. Again Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.