“Great Place”

Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wainwright
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was my first stay at this location and the room was great. The bed was soft but not to soft. the breakfast was good. The employees were great. The location was great and easy to access. I would be staying there again when I need to.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 305BusTravel
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your most resent stay at the Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites. I will pass on the comments to the staff. It is our goal to surpass our guest’s expectations by showing we care in a way that earns our guest loyalty. It is reviews like this that shows that our team is living the vision. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The best hotel in the community. Met our needs fully. Well located in relation to many local businesses. Access to main highways. Staff were very outgoing and courteous. Even though our arrival time was not as planned because of late train arrival, staff welcomed us and dealt with us very effectively. Rooms are extremely clean and quiet and it is evident staff take their duties seriously. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others travelling in the area. While we did not use the breakfast room this time, we have in the past and the selection of food was good and plentiful. We did use and appreciated the coffee bar in the breakfast room which is always available.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The staff here are super friendly willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything is up to standards. Rooms are very updated and very clean! I have stayed here a few times and as I travel for work I will definitely be staying here as my first choice again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed from Feb 7-9 for our annual bowling tournament in Wainwright. There is always a large group of us from our league in Sherwood Park. We did not have a very pleasant check in on the Friday night as we were told we could not use our AMA since we reserved the rooms in a group booking. We were certainly frustrated by the rudeness of the front desk clerk as it seemed she wanted to assert her authority and kept arguing with us when we told her we had always been able to use our AMA. We let it go so as not to affect our bowling game negatively with a plan to follow up with the manager Monday morning. My girlfriend and I were assigned room 218. It had a mild sewage smell when we checked in that we thought would go away from running the shower. It didn't go away and by Saturday morning it was unbearable. We asked to be moved to another room and luckily by now a new girl, Madison, was working the front desk. She was kind and helpful and agreed to upgrade our basic room to an Executive room for no extra charge due to the inconvenience. She told us we would have to pay the full price for the room until we talked to the manager who would refund us the difference as Madison did not have the authority to do so. I was annoyed when I phoned Lana, the manager, later in the week and she had not heard from Madison about the sewer smell issue and subsequent room change with promised free upgrade. I am happy that Lana was able to listen to my concerns and agreed to refund my credit card for the difference for the room upgrade I should not have had to pay for in the first place as well as our AMA discount that should have been honoured. Our group has stayed at the Best Western in Wainwright for our annual bowling tournament fun for the past 4 years. I will wait to see that my credit card as well as the credit card of friends travelling with us are credited before I can say if I will stay here again. The rudeness of the front desk clerk, disgusting sewage smell and inconvenience of having to call long distance later in the week was a lot to take when it was supposed to be a fun weekend that I'm not sure a good breakfast and warm cookies can make up for. I've heard that the Ramada across the highway has just as good of a breakfast with cheaper rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms near 218 probably smell like sewage too
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megenghy
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Service by staff was excellent (friendly helpful and willing to go the extra mile). Free Breakfast was ok not great but adequate. Location is right on the main highway through town so convenient. Had a suite with lots of cupboards that should have had plates etc but not a single item??

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed at numerous hotels in the last 25 years and I must say this hotel is ranked right up at the top! Very clean, quiet and up to date. Breakfast is delicious and bountiful. Oh, the beds......like sleeping on a cloud! Warm and courteous greetings from reception, cannot say enough good things about the staff.....GENUINELY kind .......and a very special thank you to Lana (General Manager) for making us feel like family!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very nice motel. Staff was very accomidating and always friendly. The rooms are comfortable and up to date. Rooms are very quiet..Always stay here when in the area on buisiness. Good deal for the money. When staying here I would recomend calling ahead and reserving your rooms ahead of time as they always seem to be busy. Bathroom did not have a tub and I had trouble keeping the shower curtain in the shower stall. I travel a lot in the states and this is one of the motels that is high on my list. It seems that Lana and the rest of the staff try to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business