“Impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wainwright
Alberta, Canada
“Impressed!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western for 2 nights for business and I was very impressed with the cleanliness. My room was AMAZING! I had a jacuzzi suite all to myself :)
The breakfast was good.
I had no complaints at all... the staff was great, I had a good sleep .. I would have no problem returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NatSchiebs
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to my staff. I am so glad that your stay was most enjoyable. Again thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit. Lana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were actually quite satisfied with our stay at the Wainwright Best Western by the end of our two night stay, but the amenities we like to enjoy beyond a safe, clean and quiet night's sleep weren't always as promised. The front counter person who checked us in (about 7:00 p.m.) and checked us out (about 11:00 a.m. after two nights) was excellent. She greeted us warmly and answered all of our questions, but when she was not on duty at the front desk the service was frustrating. There was no bell on the front counter, but the other staff always seemed to be doing something else in the office area hidden from view behind the front desk. Any time we tried to have a question answered or seek assistance we felt we were a great bother -- interrupting more important business. The remote provided for the TV didn't even communicate with the TV (it was actually for the "InnVue" movie cable box, which was not even connected). We couldn't get the front counter staff to understand the problem (they just thought we were using the wrong buttons), but they did say they would send the maintenance worker. He reconnected the "InnVue" box, but then there was a terrible picture and nothing but static for sound. Since we had no intention of paying for movies anyway he offered to dig up the remote that actually came with the TV, which was fine for us. He returned with the working remote in a few minutes and we were satisfied. We finally got to see the news and the weather we like to check each morning, but the whole process used up about an hour we would have rather been using out of the hotel. Can't it be standard procedure for Housecleaning staff to power up the TV and check the channel change and volume functions as they prepare the room after each stay? If they find a problem the Maintenance staff could deal with it before the next check-in! We were also quite disappointed with the very cool temperature of the pool. As a family we choose hotels with pools, and try to swim at least once a day when a pool is available, so we feel we can safely comment on weather a pool is comfortably heated. This one was not! We could not stand to go beyond the second step into the pool - the cold water never reached our knees. We never did find anyone at the front desk as we returned to our room to ask about the pool temperature (we went for a walk instead). When we did find a front desk person on the return from our walk (the pool was closed by now), her response was essentially "oh, the pool is heated, it's between 80 and 85 F", but when I said I didn't think so she made no effort to check it herself (a walk of about 40 feet). She did say she would mention it to the Maintenance worker. The next morning after breakfast we checked the pool temperature before returning to our room, but it was still cold (although someone was making noise in the mechanical room!). The temperature never changed, and we never saw any other guests in the pool. If there was a problem, there was never a sign posted to say the pool was below a comfortable temperature. This uncomfortable pool was very disappointing to us, but that didn't seem to matter to the front counter staff we tried to convey our concerns to. This deficiency will be enough for us to choose the Ramada across the highway next time we visit Wainwright. Finally, the hotel exterior is not nearly as attractive as it appears to be on Best Western's web page for this location. At the time I write this review the picture on book.bestwestern.com is a fake! The building is as shown, but the lawn is a fake (actually a muddy vacant lot) and the parking lot is over-run with oil field work trucks. I know they are paying customers too, but hold onto your children and park carefully (or in the back). If you do get a spot near the front door (it seems the workers often return for the night before most travellers check in) it might be between two dirty, smelly work trucks, whose drivers don't seem to mind if their doors bang your car. The trucks often zoom through the parking lot with little care for travelling families with luggage and children, and the front entryway benches seem a hangout for the smokers who can't smoke in the rooms (what a lovely greeting at check in). I know these workers pay the bills in an oil town, but if their companies are getting volume discounts I feel the hotel can lay down some ground rules about parking and smoking at the entry.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank JazzBone
Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review. I see that you had noted some concerns on your review that I would like to take the time to address. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations by showing we care in a way to earn our guests loyalty. I hope if ever back in the Wainwright area you would give us chance to earn your business.
Pool and Hot Tub temperatures are monitored daily and maintained in accordance with the local health requirements. The Pool is maintained at temperatures between 78 & 82 degrees and the Hot Tub is maintained between 98 & 104 degrees. I would like to take the time to apologise if the pool was cooler then desired.
The Best Western Wainwright does offer a limited amount of smoking rooms on site and they are all limited to the 4th floor. To best accommodate those guest that choose to smoke we provide a dedicated smoking area outside of the hotel some 40 feet from the front doors and 20 feet from the main entry path into the hotel.
I would like to take a moment to apologise that you had some concerns with your resent visit. If you would like to further discuss please feel free to contact me directly.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here one night, and had a good experience. When I first entered the room, the floor had some areas that needed a vacuum, I brought this to their attention, and they cleaned it at once. This was nice, no waiting, the dropped what they were doing and straightened up their error. The room was spacious, modern and bright. The breakfast in the morning was good and check out was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rpm42
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for us. We look forward to your next visit with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay even better please contact me directly. Again Thank you for your kind review. Lana
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A very well appointed hotel with excellent room amenities. Definitely a great choice for a quiet stay or while on business. Great facilities and a well appointed breakfast area. I will make this hotel the first choice when visiting this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a very good experience at the best western in wainwright. The staff were very friendly, they let us check in early and told us where the best places were to eat in town. Everyone always had a smile on their face.
My only complaints were that there was no bathtub and the price of our stay was quite high!
Overall, it was great and I would recommend this hotel to anyone in wainwright.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations by showing WE CARE to earn our guest loyalty. I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff. If ever back in the Wainwright area we truly look forward to your visit. Thank you Lana
Christopher Lake, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Allison,as well as Jennifer were Very accommodating and thoughtful and friendly , we stayed for a syugery app.in Camrose Allison was Very helpfull she didn't have to give us a special rate , I explained the circumstances of our stay and she did not hesitate to try to help,this did not go unnoticed!! I thank her
Wish we could stay for pleasure but almost always for medical reasons do to cancer treatments!, since 2007 I have had MANY stay at best westerns in Sasktoon mostly but I always go out of my way to find a bestwestern to stay we're ever we go Thank u to Allison and Jennifer!!

Room Tip: Great soups and breakfast available, hot tub our trip was great quiet, relaxing great location as we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LanaMorgan, General Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on the compliments to Allison and Jennifer. I am so glad that they helped make your stay most enjoyable. I would like you to know for your next stay that we do have rooms with bathtubs but due to being fully committed during your last stay that that room type was not available. The next time that you are in the Wainwright area we would be more than happy to reserve a room for you with a bathtub based on availability. Please feel free to contact me directly before your next visit and I will personally take care of this for you. Again thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit. Lana
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Ive been on the road since February 2nd and have had the pleasure of staying in hotels/motels that should be burnt down and rebuilt. However for the last two weeks i was in Wainwright staying at the Best Western and not only was it a COMPLETE pleasure, but i pleaded with my superiors to let me stay for another week (but alas another was chosen).
I would first like to start with when we walk in, there is one individual behind the counter (Jennifer) that not only address' each person by their first name but is so knowledgable about events and attractions in the area that i hope she is in a supervisery postion enabling her to teach others.Walking into a lobby that smells of cookies, and hot soup in the meal area is really more than anyone can ask to expect after a 14hr day. (but appreciated). Her tolerance of individuals either on the phone or at the counter left me wondering about the definition of patience. (i was standing there and the guy that couldn't have bothered to call ahead was giving her a hard time because he didnt have place to stay,i wanted to slap him across the back of the head when she waved me off and called another hotel to inquire if a room might be available for one night until she cold book him in the next night). FORTITUDE!!!
Housekeeping!
Despite my constant pleas by note to leave only coffee and be on their way...the bed was always tucked back in with fresh sheets and the bathroom restocked. The Swan twisted out of a towel left on the counter was way more than anyone can expect in a rental.
SUMMATION!:
As declaired in the title, i have been living in hotels for a few months now, i did stay in Wainwright one night back in Nov/Oct 2012 when we were assigned to Hughendon, and i have perhaps stayed in Best Westerns in Calgary, Regina, Drumheller, Saskatoon, St. Lorage, High Level...Grand Prarie, but without a doubt this is the best place i have stayed in for MANY years.
AND...only Jennifer had asked me if i had a Best Western Card!!! When i said no she asked me to fill out a form and she would take care of the rest. WHO the heck takes care of others even when they don't have to?
jp hajner (Unified Systems Group).
jp@jphajner.ca

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations by showing WE CARE to earn our guest loyalty. I will pass on your lovely comments to Jennifer she truly lives our vision and it is reviews like this that show that. If ever back in the Wainwright area we truly look forward to your visit. Thank you Lana