“Excellent ...”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wainwright
Red Deer, Canada
“Excellent ...”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This hotel is superior in many ways ... the staff is friendly and helpful, it is in a great location, and the beds are so comfortable! It is very clean and it's nice to wake up to a hot breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel ... you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank TeannaM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wainwright, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I've been working out of Wainwright for the past 3 weeks and found the staff was very friendly and the location was great. Allison, Cory (maintenance) and Lana have been a great help as I was in need of assistance and they pulled through for me. All the staff have made me feel at home and I enjoy the friendly environment.

1 Thank Don B
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western Hotel
in Wainwright, Alberta for an extended stay of 103 consecutive
days. The service was very friendly, the rooms were very clean,
the gym, pool and hottub were great. Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire,
Walmart and two supermarkets are within walking distance (less
than a minute). There is also high speed internet with several
servers. I recommend the Best Western Hotel to any travellers or
seasonal workers in Wainwright. it should be noted that the
hotel is fairly close to Irma also (32 kms).

I look forward to visiting the hotel and Wainwright in the future.
I rate the complete experience: 10 out of 10. I have no compliants,
they made my extended stay a pleasure. I would like to also give
special thanks to Rebekah at the front desk for her friendly and
informative services. To all the people at the Best Western
Wainwright I give my deep appreciation.

Roger Godden.

Stayed: August 1 to November 11, 2011

2 Thank Roger G
Wasaga Beach, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I spent 26 days there on business. My schedule was very heavy so I very much appreciated my time in the hotel. The pool and workout room are great and conveniently located right next to one another. The ability to get a great breakfast early was much appreciated.
I ran into a few problems with house keeping but Allison, on the front desk, made sure the problems were promptly corrected.
It is easy to find in town. It is conveniently located near shopping. It is large enough to accomodate alot of guests.
I would be sure to stay here when I am in Wainwright again.

1 Thank Donna W
Fort Polk, Louisiana
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was amazed at the quality of this hotel. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and happy. The breakfast was gut-bustingly awesome; eggs, bacon, cheesy sausages, hash browns etc. etc. Everything you would expect from a restaurant but as a free hotel breakfast. Not only was the breakfast amazing but they maintained some soups throughout the day in case you were hungry after they closed the breakfast bar. They certainly don't use cheap products for their food stuffs either. The rooms were great. they have a mini-fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker, shower stuff, iron and ironing board and other conveniences. The beds and linen were amazing. I know it sounds like a cliche but it was like sleeping in the clouds. The pillows were so amazing I wanted to take one with me but they said they couldn't sell it to me...darn. The staff did try to find some of the old pillows to try and sell me but the ones they had for sale were all gone.

Con: The free internet they provide in the hotel is extremely slow. If your life or business is based around the web then you might have a problem. You can still do basic things like checking the news or your e-mail, however, have another activity planned while you wait for stuff to load. For me, all the other pros heavily outweigh the one con.

Bottom line: one of the best hotels I have stayed in, ever! If you are in Wainwright then this is the place to stay.

1 Thank worldpolice73
Ottawa
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was really impressed by the overall quality of hotel. From the amenities of the room - size, comfortable bed, bathroom and free internet - to the breakfast, everything was superb. It was excellent value for money.

1 Thank WJY
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I love how new this hotel is. Tastefully decorated, clean rooms, and friendly staff.
The free breakfast buffet was awesome!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travellor416
LanaMorgan, Manager at Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
We at the Best Western Wainwright appreciate your positive feedback and compliments. Our Management team and all of the hotel staff go above and beyond because WE CARE! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Lana Morgan