“Good, even if you don't want "pub-food"”

Honeypot Eatery & Pub
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Wainwright
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For more than 30 years, the Honeypot Eatery & Pub has been Wainwright's premier eating and drinking establishment. All our food is of the highest quality, professionally prepared by our Chefs and is presented to you in warm and comfortable surroundings. Our servers are trained to exceed your expectations and ensure your dining experience is pleasant and enjoyable. But be warned, comfort is a requirement for guests of The HP
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I went for the "Sooke Salmon Salad" for my first visit at the Honey Pot; not an easy choice when the temptation for delicious burgers wafts over from the table next to you... But I stood my ground.

I was not disappointed with the salad, it wasn't a knock-out, but it was better than I expected from a place best known for burgers and steak. It almost justified the $18 price. One comment I will make about this dish is that there was a gratuitous use of dressing, so much that it drowned out the flavour of the fish... That could be a pro or con, depending if 'tasting fishy' is your kind of thing.

The service was FANTASTIC! I was in and out in 45 minutes, and I didn't feel rushed at all. The servers were very prompt with the drinks, menu, and food - and pleasant to boot! I'd definitely go back again.

One caveat:
I sat in the back of the restaurant, and didn't have cell phone service. Not sure if it was the spot I was sitting, my cell phone provider (Rogers), or the whole building... So if you're by yourself, you might want to line yourself up with a TV so you have something to amuse you.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great place to eat, service is quick and extremely friendly. Food was always top quality and very tasteful.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stopped in last Friday night -- travelling through, we asked locals where to go.

A busy place -- we had to wait about 1/2 hour for a table as both the restaurant and bar were full. As others have noted, it is unusual in small town Alberta to find such a busy restaurant.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I sat in the bar as the restaurant was full and I had no reservation. Since it was Monday and a pub, I was surprised at that
The place is nice And has atmosphere for sure. I ordered the chicken burger and salad since they use frozen fries which is against my beliefs. I think frOzen French fries is a sin.
The burger was ok, I suspect that was frozen and fried, and the salad just ok - again! not home made from what I can tell! just standard bags of romaine maybe and dressing. But the let use was fresh. The burger bun was white and soft , borderline pasty, too bad they couldn't offer some great home baked buns from someone local. Oh we'll, it's either that I ordered wrong or this place is all there is in town.

1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Great place to eat in a small town. Very friendly good service. Make a reservation. It's a busy place. Don't by the looks outside. I found this place on urban spoon. Lol