“Never again”
Review of Springs Motor Inn

Springs Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wainwright
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My coworker and I were in town for a job for a few days and unfortunately our company booked us here. Both of our rooms were disgusting. Let me start a list of everything that was wrong:

- There was dirt all over the walls and light switches.
- holes in the walls and old bubbled, peeling wallpapet
- there is mold all over the dividers of the panelled ceiling above the shower (I believe that is a health and building code violation, as it is not water or moisture resistant)
- the once white bath plug was stained completely dark brown so bad that if you scratched it you would see the original color under the grime you scratched off.
- the bathroom is so small, that to close the door I literally had to step into the tub.
- my tv was probably from 1990, had fuzzy bad picture, and a cheap worn out dollar store remote that didn't work.
- the beds were uncomfortable
- there is no temperature control in the room. You get a space heater.
- the furniture is old crappy brown and silver office furniture from 1965 that looks like it is about to fall apart. (I especially liked the desk chair that was a cheap wooden chair from 1940 that was so rickety I thought it was going to fall apart under me)
- carpet is stained and burnt.

I am not a picky guy when it comes to hotels. I have slept in some bad places. I have 2 basic criteria. The place needs to be clean and have comfortable bedding. This place failed both miserably. From what I could see, this place does good business due to the availability in town being limited from all of the oil and construction workers. Perhaps the owners of this place should consider reinvesting some of their earnings into fixing up this dive.

We have spoken to our company about having this place removed from our list of approved hotels. They will not be getting any business from us again. We would rather commute daily from 3 hours away than stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank 1WanderingGuy
monstermode, Manager at Springs Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear cory_gm,

I just wanted to apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. I want you to know we value your input and are making every effort to improve the quality of our rooms. We are currently in the process of renovating all our rooms to ensure a comfortable nights stay for all our guests.
Thank you and once again my apologies,

Management

Reviewed October 19, 2013

this hotel was so bad it made me write a review about it, it was one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in there were stains on the mattress, the room was dirty and the bathroom small and it was filled with noisy idiot railroad workers who made alot of noise, the internet was slow, and the price was way too much. At checkout the person asked me what they could do to improve and I told them burn the place down and start over.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank sws24

I just wanted to apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. I want you to know we value your input and are making every effort to improve the quality of our rooms. While we have not taken your suggestion to burn the place down and start over we are currently in the process of renovating all our rooms to ensure a comfortable nights stay for all our guests.

Thank you and once again my apologies,

Management

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was a first time traveller and had so less expectations..
But what can you say! I had the most satisfying experience staying there with nice friendly staffs. I will definately recommend Springs motor Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for James or John. They are awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank James L
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you come to wainwright the springs inn has awesome customer service and a wonderful resteraunt n lounge! I definitly would come back!!! ppl come from the more known hotels to eat n enjoy themselves in the pleasent settings here. More affordable aswell then other places. i was a first time flyer n worried :$ scared!!! they made me feel ok! thank you springs motel!!!!!!!!!! Jaeyun-(john) general manager fantasic person!!! thank you my friend!!! (in a nutshell good job springs inn) come stay here!!! {D.H.R}

Room Tip: talk to john!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dustin r
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here one night, was not impressed. Just a bunch of mobile trailers pushed together and call it a motel. Rooms were small and very outdated. Two double beds, which I have to admit were fairly comfortable. The room was clean but was in need of major renovations. Had their complementary breakfast, which was a joke. Regular price was nine dollars, I would'nt pay more than two. One toast, cup of cold hashbrowns, two eggs and a piece of lunch meat ham, and the coffee was extra. Overall i would not recommend this motel to anyone. Unless you get a very good rate, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vinson123
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The rooms, although clean, need some updates. The bed linens and pillows need replacing. The beds were very hard. The washroom is small and needs some updating as well. Price was reasonable but we would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Lleesch
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I can't talk about the hotel, but I ate at the restaurant because it was close to my work. And man was I glad I did. I ordered the hot hamburger special and it was delicious. I even went back for dinner. Both times the food came out a FULL plates worth. The sides were delicious and the prices were fantastic. I told a co worker about it and he went back over 5 times in a week.
I can't recommend the restaurant enough. Next time, I'll definitely stay at the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business