My coworker and I were in town for a job for a few days and unfortunately our company booked us here. Both of our rooms were disgusting. Let me start a list of everything that was wrong:
- There was dirt all over the walls and light switches.
- holes in the walls and old bubbled, peeling wallpapet
- there is mold all over the dividers of the panelled ceiling above the shower (I believe that is a health and building code violation, as it is not water or moisture resistant)
- the once white bath plug was stained completely dark brown so bad that if you scratched it you would see the original color under the grime you scratched off.
- the bathroom is so small, that to close the door I literally had to step into the tub.
- my tv was probably from 1990, had fuzzy bad picture, and a cheap worn out dollar store remote that didn't work.
- the beds were uncomfortable
- there is no temperature control in the room. You get a space heater.
- the furniture is old crappy brown and silver office furniture from 1965 that looks like it is about to fall apart. (I especially liked the desk chair that was a cheap wooden chair from 1940 that was so rickety I thought it was going to fall apart under me)
- carpet is stained and burnt.
I am not a picky guy when it comes to hotels. I have slept in some bad places. I have 2 basic criteria. The place needs to be clean and have comfortable bedding. This place failed both miserably. From what I could see, this place does good business due to the availability in town being limited from all of the oil and construction workers. Perhaps the owners of this place should consider reinvesting some of their earnings into fixing up this dive.
We have spoken to our company about having this place removed from our list of approved hotels. They will not be getting any business from us again. We would rather commute daily from 3 hours away than stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springs Motor Inn is a motel with a restaurant and lounge attached in Wainwright, Alberta. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, cable television, refrigerators, microwaves and wireless high speed Internet. We also have free parking available with plenty of space for large vehicles. Booking deals and discounts are available to Long-term & Corporate customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Springs Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springs Motor Inn Wainwright, Alberta