“Awesome time”

Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in St. Marys
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had great getaway with my wife. Food was awesome very tasty lots of variety. Cooked around my wife's food allergies very flexible. Stayed in king manor room. Loved sitting out on balcony with great view. Nice and relaxing just what we needed. Walked into town and did a little bit of shopping just for fun. Chantel was awesome.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with reservations for Valentine's day. I normally don't like to go out on V-day since, I find that the servers seem overworked, service seems rushed and not intimate, and the food tends to be bland. Boy was I wrong. I ordered the V-day special menu, it started with escargot ragout, and it was delicious. The next course was the Oso Buco, I did not know what this was and was informed by our waitress that it was braised veal shank. It was literally one of the best pieces of meat I have ever had. My mouth is still watering thinking about it. It was that good. The risotto was great as well. The vegetable was brussell sprouts, and I am told they were great. Even though the restaurant was very busy, it felt very intimate, and our server provided excellent service.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

but be prepared to wait for your food. They are definitely understaffed at lunchtime. So if you have the time ..the food choices are good and the staff accommodating....and it is a charming setting about 15 minute drive from Stratford.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We come for theater at Stratford every year, and we have stayed at the Westover a number of times. Dinners here have been excellent in the past; this year was not as good. The problem begins with our server not being knowledgeable about the menu and having to go check with the kitchen to answer questions; lamb chops were so large they were almost mutton chops, ordered rare they came medium-well (barely any pink in the middle) and were tough. The server, when notified, said she'd tell the kitchen, but there was no reply. The server was unable to tell us what cheeses were on the cheese plate dessert, and even after it was served the answer was "cheddar and bleu". The setting is elegant but the food and service no longer match; it's a shame.

1  Thank vpoleshuck
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Somethings wrong with this listing because the restaurant is in Ontario about 20 minutes from Stratford not Newfoundland?? We've been going each summer for 15 years and it simply gets better. Service is warm, friendly, informative, and efficient. Atmosphere is laid back. Lamb and beef are favorites but this time I was adventuresome and tried chicken breast with pasta. I couldn't believe there is that much difference in the taste of chicken. The chef uses local fare and maybe it was just that much fresher. I had the dessert cheese plate as an appetizer so I could sample the outstanding ice creams later. Reservations are a must and ask for the main room unless you like the bar area.