“Surprize Surprize”
Review of Nika's Nook - CLOSED

Nika's Nook
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: This hidden away gem of a place is offering the opportunity to get together with friends and family over a delicious lunch. Lunch tails fresh daily soup, everyday feature, all you can eat salad bar, sandwiches made with "Sassy's" bread (Thorndale, Ontario bakery). Nika offers a wide variety of desserts to choose from, which can also be packaged up to take home. Morning time is also a great time to sit down and read the newspaper with our selective breakfast menu and a good cup of coffee or a choice of tea. Reservations are recommended....So we can save you a table
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Drove up to St Marys with my Auntie Trish to surprize an old friend from High School who we haven't seen in about 35 yrs, we follow her on FB she posts the menu, it was refreshing to go into a resturant and not smell a deep fryer, I have a ham cheese & lettuce on marble rye home made coleslaw and 2 deviled eggs an lunch fit for a King. Thank you again to Brenda's co-worker for helping with surprize.
Kathy

1  Thank alwaysgoogle

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Nika's Nook is a rare find in today's travels - friendly staff (Nika waited on us personally), excellent food (no fast food - sorry), and great atmosphere.
Located on Queen Street right beside the dam - plenty of parking across the road-you could miss this little treasure if you were not looking for it.
We chose to try the daily special cabbage soup, peameal bacon steak with a cheese bun and Caesar salad. My aunt had an egg salad sandwich and we topped everything off with rice pudding and to die for carrot cake (actually took two pieces of this delicious cake home with me -as did my cousin!) . Did I say that the food is all home made? Yes a rarity in today's fast food world.
Nika does all of the cooking and baking herself and I might add she does an excellent job.
Nika's Nook is only open week days 9-4 pm do give it a try - I know you will enjoy the food and the atmosphere - it truly is a great place. It is worth going out of your way -we'll be going back for sure!

1  Thank JMCBearlady
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A truly tasty cabbage soup followed by an unexpectedly scrumptious peameal bacon steak and Caesar salad concluding with an outstanding carrot cake. Nika and her nifty Nook was a surprise find ... one to which we will most assuredly return when next in St. Marys. In fact, we'll go out of our way to do just that!

1  Thank TR G
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

When I have the chance to visit Nikka's Nook I welcome the opportunity. They have good home cooked meals but I always get the lunch salad bar which has a great list of both standard salad fixings as well as hard boiled egg, quinoa, macaroni salad, etc. A great place for lunch.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nika is one of the nicest ladies I know. She was the waitress at The Kitchen when it was open and that is how we got to know her. When it closed she took the place over and opened her own little place. We have been in twice now and both times the food was excellent. Today I had the special which was lasagne with garlic bread and salad. My husband had the Ruben sandwich. Mine was hot and tasty. His must have been good because once he got the sandwich he never said a word while he ate it up.
Nika's is only open from 9am to 4pm. A great place to have lunch or snack. She is very close to the river walkway as well which is perfect if after you eat you can take a lovely walk along the river.

3  Thank angelfancy