“Jamie's back and all is ... great”

Wildstone Bar and Grill
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in St. Marys
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your Celebration Destination!
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Sorry to the whiners in London whose table of 12 got slow drinks.
I would whine about the lack of London eating but I save my
wine for meals (Rei dos Leitos is fantastic).
... and our party of 16 for lunch before the Christmas had
super service and wonderful food ... for all at table except
whiney sommelier who did not like the wine list so had
bloody mary while the other 15 enjoyed something off the tap.
I knew the critical path before the sommelier entered the room.
Get what a mean?

Wildstone has some of the best values on great food in western Ontario.
For example, these foodies will drive from Toronto after a day in the city
to enjoy the best prime rib value anywhere including London and Stratford.
That is why the parking lot is full on the weekends for dinner.

Compare their simple Caesar salad with any restaurant; ALL the right ingredients.
Compare their lunch specials with anywhere ... I have included some pictures.

My buddy Jamie the Chef ... Stratford Chef School graduate was in London
for 4 months but has returned as of December 2013 for good ... actually
for the greatest of value yummy food.

I hate to right this review because this is my secret spot and the parking
lot will only fill even more.

Love you Jamie.
Yum yummy yum.

1  Thank LorenzoelJefe

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Made reservations last Friday for lunch for 12 of us. Were seated promptly and drink orders taken. However, there were only two servers on staff, and with snowmobilers coming in in large groups and a few of the smaller tables filled, two servers was not enough! They had to make drinks, so making drinks for our table of 12 took 10 minutes at least. They should have had a bartender for this job. Ridiculous. We waited for our food order for an hour. But it was worth the wait. Everyone raved about their lunch choices. I had the fish sandwich and it was hot, crispy and very tasty and their homemade garlic/parmesan bread is out of this world. We all loved it. All our plates were empty. From the chowder to the salads to the club sandwiches, all the food was fabulous. But seriously pre-order if you're in a hurry. Plan to be there for 2 hours for lunch especially on a Friday. Management, hire more staff especially when a group of 12 has made a reservation days in advance.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had lunch with some friends today at Wildstone. Had read the reviews but were a little disappointed. Thought the service was slow although it wasn't busy. Some of the food was cold when it arrived. It just felt like they weren't really prepared to serve lunch. Anyway, I wouldn't be hurrying back

1  Thank Truway
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a nicely prepared dinner here. Good variety on the menu with some traditional items and some that are slightly more contemporary. Staff is pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank FrequentTripster
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you happen to be in St. Mary's, I would say this is your best lunch option on a nice day if you can sit on the patio. Fairly sophisticated lunch menu, especially for a small town, with locally sourced meat and produce. My husband's hamburger with goat cheese was delicious. The meat is seasoned with a garlic purée and was quite flavourful, but you should be a garlic lover. My Mediterranean Caparese salad was good - red and yellow tomatoes with house made buffalo mozzarella and greens and watermelon in a raspberry vinaigrette. The menu said the watermelon was grilled, but it didn't appear to be to me, but it was still a nice, light flavourful salad.

The restaurant interior is nothing special, so if at all possible sit outside. There was a fair amount of shade and a nice breeze and some soft rock in the background.

Only complaint, the meal took 45 minutes to arrive. We were just meandering on an outing from Stratford, so we weren't in a rush, but even so we didn't want to eat too late as we had reservations for an early pre-theatre dinner. My husband finally inquired inside and the meals were brought out with an apology shortly after. When they presented the bill, the server said 20% had been deducted, which was appreciated.

2  Thank alwaysplanahead