“Home sweet home”

Wildstone Bar and Grill
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in St. Marys
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Your Celebration Destination!
Pleasant Valley, Canada
“Home sweet home”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

OK you want the foodie to make his recommendation in there hometown; sure I'll bite.
May I back up on the foodie and state that my favourite restaurant on this planet is in Ubud, Bali.
So good in "fact" that we went back for second visit ... to the restaurant in Bali.
May I add our favourite restaurant in Canada is in North Hatley QC where I enjoyed my 60th birthday ... by choice. The fois grais with the chocolate sauce is to return for ...

In St. Marys Ontario we are graced with geat eating on many levels including renown Wolfey's or stately Westover Inn, breakfast at the Sunset Diner and I have to mention that delightful breakfast sandwich at Barista's on Water along with choices in between.

OK the recommendation.
For pleasant ambience, nice beers on tape, super lunch specials with homemade soups and Inn baked bread, BEST Caesar in town ... did I mention the price. All this and it is cheap.
For example .... I sound like a arcade barker ... Friday and Saturday are all-you-can-eat prime rib nights for about 25 bucks. I have never recommeded all-you-can-eat in my life but the prime rib
is comparable to our home presentation but for 25 bucks. Have a homemade soup or better dare to compare the Caesar with house-cut fries with the prime rib ... yummy.
We have a many, many occassions by-passed Toronto (where would you stop???) or Morristown (Enver's ... love it) or Kitchener with the Charcoal Steak Pit where Bistro is very good ...

... we come home to St. Marys for Wildstone quality at a small town price. We love the other restaurants in the area but when budget is in mind, and the choice is somewhere on the road or cooking at the house ... we have enjoyed the alternative value of Stone Willow.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank LorenzoelJefe

Sarnia, Canada
“OK but not worth the price”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Not woth the price we paid. I think we got spoiled in Stratford.

Visited February 2012