“Perfect Getaway”
Review of Stone Willow Inn

Stone Willow Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 St. Marys B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here 16-21 September 2012. Had to change our accomodations for the Stratford Festival at the last minute, and found this Jewel on the web. A perfect place to unwind...you are treated like Family. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay pleaseant. We have never stayed at a place where we felt as comfortable as in our own home. The bedding really makes this place extraordinary. The attached restaurant was a real treat. The meals were delicious and the porttions were generous and priced realistically. The included breakfast was a great bonus, and the scratch made granola is to die for. Only 20 minutes from the Stratford Festival venues, and just on the outskirts of downtown St Mary's, this is the perfect place to to be pampered while away from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our visit on September 12, 2012 was excellent as usual. The room was spotless and had a very clean feeling-not like many hotels that smell and feel musty. The staff was extremely pleasant and the food was very good in the restaurant.

We will stay there again.

K. W. Harding
Uxbridge, Ontario

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed overnight and once again thouroughly enjoyed our stay. We celebrated two 75th
birthdays in the onsite dining room & the food & service were excellent. We are looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed for a weekend getaway here .... it was by far the most comfortable places away from home I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The mattress, the bedding, the pillows all were superior. The temperature was a touch cold for my liking but when I changed the temperature control it was almost instant to become comfortable,
The room was clean and fresh however the view was a little less than expected as it was just an emply field.
The Staff were very pleasant, and the Restaurant Exceptional
I can wait to visit again and highly recommend to any traveller

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DEBD280
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Went for an overnight with my sister and our children and it was a lovely place. Large, attractive, clean room. Very friendly service. We had dinner at the on-site restaurant and it was excellent. The continental breakfast provided was a nice surprise. The town of St. Mary's has some lovely architectural sites and is also very close to Stratford. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We thought that this would be a nice little getaway for the Family Day long weekend as well as our Anniversary. I am happy that this was just a Groupon as I would never have paid the full price posted on the back of our door $275 a night! This place is about 15 min. from Stratford and there are much nicer places to stay there for a lot less. When I had booked the room it would have been nice for the lady to tell me that nothing would be open in town for the two days that we were there! Also we were the only couple staying at the hotel last night from as far as I could tell and we were not even offered an upgrade for our anniversary or to compensate for the fact that there was NOTHING to do there. We sat in our basic room and waited until dinner. Dinner was not worth the money we paid. I got the perch and was only given three little pieces and my husband ordered the steak that he would rate a 5 out of 10, not worth $25. I read lots of great reviews about dinner so I was looking forward to it, I guess the Sunday night cook is different. The night before we stayed at the Annex in Stratford and had an amazing dinner there so check it out instead, the rooms there are amazing. They are much nicer (fireplace, jacuzzi tub for two, nice sitting area) and it is much cheeper as well. The breakfast in the morning was awful and it seemed like they just put some store baught items on a plate the night before. Very plain rooms and nothing to do, all dressed up an no place to go :(

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carilyn P
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Me and a friend made an unexpected stop in St. Marys and couldn't be happier about it. Stayed in a Balcony Suite that had two of the most comfortable queen beds I have ever stayed in. Your other basic ammenities were all clean and available in the room including a great Keurig Coffee Maker that I enjoyed and your usual flat panel TV. Beyond that we were also provided with COMPLIMENTARY Soda, snacks and water in the room as well as a great carry bag which proved to be helpful as I always pack too much. The Wifi allowed us to use our I Pad for entertainment. In the morning I had slept late but the girl at the front desk was happy to provide me with the continental breakfast plate they had fixed for me pending my wake up. Furthermore I was provided with a charger to charge my phone, as this is always something I forget. Helpful, Clean, Friendly and a staff that clearly cares and goes the extra mile!

Room Tip: Go for the balcony suite on the corner -- 702 I believe, duel windows and a private Oasis