“You can tell a lot by the exterior”
Review of Angus Inn Motel

Angus Inn Motel
Angus Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Angus
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My first choice was the place next door with its newly surfaced parking lot and beautifull brickwork it looked a lot more inviting,
Unfortunately they were fully booked and I now know why

You can tell a lot by the exterior
From the run down badly maintained parking lot and the dirty walls I had a good idea what awaited within.

The guy at the front desk was cold and unwelcoming verging on rude.
The room was dirty and oppressive and had a lingering odour of bad curry.

It's bad value when you wouldn't accept payment to stay in such a place.

Advice to owners spruce up your exterior for a start then fire the middle aged Asian guy at the front desk.
Then turn your attention to the rooms

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Hooleyh
There are newer reviews for Angus Inn Motel

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Dirty....went to bed alone....woke up sharing my bed with hundreds of ants! Informed staff about situation, and was basically ignored. Clerk refused to even inspect the room. Save ur money, sleep in vehicle!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at the Angus Inn during the first week of December 2013. From the outside, the Inn is nothing exceptional; however, the rooms are very nice and very clean.

Our room had a queen size bed and one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. I even moved the sheet so I could see what brand mattress it was. We had a full size stove, a full size refrigerator, a coffee maker, a toaster, a microwave, all the dishes, flat wear, glasses and pots and pans we'd ever need.

We also had a large flat screen TV and a DVD player. We had a table and chairs where we enjoyed a few games of cards.

The bathroom has the best water pressure in the shower I've ever seen! I told my husband that I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair in about five seconds! LOL

Angus is a small town but it was perfect for us. We were within easy walking distance to a Subway, a Tim Horton's, KFC and two Chinese restaurants. There was also a Sobeys store where we bought some fresh fruit.

Our son rented a room just down the walkway from us and his room was every bit as nice as ours. His room had two double beds and a kitchenette but otherwise, had all the same things.

The people who run the motel are very friendly and very helpful if you need anything.

Room Tip: The owners told us the upstairs rooms are the best because they've been recently renovated. We s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RetiredCouple68
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was doing some work in the Innisfil and Barrie area recently. This motel now known as the Angus Inn offers great value, clean spacious rooms, and comfortable beds. The room had a desk, coffe maker, toaster, microwave, and a fridge/freezer. The bathrooms seem renovated, *excellent water pressure in the shower!* and the Tv was a brand new 40" Samsung with a dvd player as well. Its a family owned place, they are very friendly, helpful, and they keep the property in tip top condition, the nights were warm and quiet. Tims, Sobeys, and McDonalds all within a 5 minute drive, as well as other restaurants, and pubs. If you dont mind being about 10 minutes west of the 400 Highway, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 114, as mentioned the water pressure was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great tv but that's it! Dirty comforter, smoky rooms, poor service...would not stay again

• Stayed: April 2011
8  Thank JustWhatIThink
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angus
Comfort Inn - Barrie / Hart Dr.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie
Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road
Super 8 Barrie
Super 8 Barrie
#2 of 19 in Barrie
Best Western Royal Oak Inn
Travelodge Barrie On Bayfield

Been to Angus Inn Motel? Share your experiences!