“BEST MOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!”
Review of Parker House Motel

Parker House Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clinton
Parker House Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed November 10, 2013

the reason I say this is because the motel room is really big. It also has 3 double beds and a nice clean floor, bathrooms, and a nice clean bed. This is what most people like the most the service here is great nice people actually they make sure the room is smoke free, if you respect the rules nothing bad will happen but if you don't you get a $350 charge. But I don't care about I just love the piece and quiet in this place! I would recommend this place to anyone wants piece and quiet and a clean room!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Suzie L

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow, let me tell you what a lovely surprise this motel was. I chose it based on the previously written reviews and they were absolutely accurate. The motel was spotless...and I mean spotless. The air was fresh when I opened the door and not with one of those fake smelling plug-ins or motion spray units. Those would have made me gag - sensitive to the artificial smells.

There was a sign as soon as walking in the room asking us to remove our outdoor shoes - when have you ever seen this? Tells me the owners treat each room as they would in their own home.

There was a fridge and microwave available for use; unlimited long distance for $5.00; clean bathroom. The only suggestion I'd have is to clean the fan vent screen (always one of the things that gets missed in any hotel, motel, restaurant) in the bathroom. There was a window in the back of the room that opened up to allow fresh air. The motel backs onto farm land so it's very private. Other than the neighbours next door making noise when leaving in the morning, never heard a peep of anything - traffic, other noises...nothing.

Check in and out was quick. We left the key in the room and walked out the door...that was it!

Definitely will stay here again if ever the need to be in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Slender1
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dave & Ann are terrific people. Great price. Beautiful clean rooms. Nice quiet location with picnic tables and benches to relax. This is our 2nd year back and we'll be back again next year.

Dale & Dianne
Dale & Cindy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dsnelgrove
Reviewed July 10, 2013

For the last few weeks, several of my employees and myself have stayed at the Parker House. Best Value bar none for pricing within an hours drive. I looked on here before making the booking and read a really rotten review. It made me skeptical at first, but the price was well worth the chance. Was that review ever off. Couldn't have been more wrong. I think that person must have been a disgruntled smoker. Dave, when we signed in advised me that all of his rooms were non smoking, and that if someone smoked, there would be a $350.00 cleaning fee applied to the room. Nothing threatening, I am glad he made me aware, as there are a couple smokers in my group. The rooms were the cleanest I think I have ever stayed in. As for being the size of a closet, I stayed in one of the rooms with one bed, and it is very comfortable for two, and they even have a couple of rooms with three double beds. If this lady in the rotten review was so worried about the space, for ten bucks more, she could have had a much bigger room. I know that every place gets its bad reviews, and you shouldn't go by them, but at least when you make a review, have some kind of truth to it. Trust me, this place is an excellent little motel, with the best rates around. That includes Stratford, and Goderich. You will be sorry if you pass on it.

Room Tip: If you want room, or have more than two people, get the rooms with two double beds, or three double...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
10  Thank J S
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We are from the US and we were invited to present the Story of Salvation at a local church in Seaforth. After checking out motels in Stratford, it was recommended to look at the Parker House. What a pleasant surprise. For less money than in Stratford, we felt safe, welcomed and we could feel immediately that this was the place to stay. Dave and Ann Staines were extremely gratious and helpful and very accomodating to our group. We used 8 rooms on Friday night and 3 rooms on Saturday night. It was like staying with family. The rooms were quiet, very clean & neat and they are doing updates. We wanted smoke free and we were appreciative that all the rooms are smoke free. The rooms are economically priced. We will come back and we will stay at the Parker House. We highly recommend the Parker House Motel. We made new friends with Dave and Ann Staines.

Room Tip: all rooms are different, it depends on your needs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Peter S
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We lost our hydro during the storm and decided to stay. The rooms were very clean and nice and the owners were very respectful. We loved the fact that the rooms were smoking free. All in all a very nice stay. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ashely c
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We lost our hydro in the recent ice storm, and had to stay at a local place. I was very surprised at how clean the rooms were, and that the ownership had upgraded their rooms with more than one bed to LCD TV's. I found the owners very courteous and respectful, as well as smoke free which was a relief. I would definitely say to stay at this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Dave S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Cedar Lodge Motel
Maple Leaf Motel
Maple Leaf Motel
#4 of 9 in Goderich
Three Gables Bed & Breakfast

Been to Parker House Motel? Share your experiences!