“Home town goodness”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Awesome to have such a great restaurant so close to home . Nice to be able to stay close to home and have the best Italian in the county . Take the short drive to Essex it is worth every bite.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Friendly atmostphere, excellent service and outstanding food. The home made pasta was one of the best I've ever had. Always a treat.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I were looking for something new and different to try so we decided to venture to this little Italian restaurant in the quiet town of Essex. Little did we know it will probably be our new favourite spot for many dinners to come.

The service was fantastic, and the food can not be described in an internet comment, it is just a must try.

The fresh bread, the tomato and bocconcini salad on mixed greens, the veal scalopini, the Rigatoni with goast cheese chicken and fresh mushrooms and then finished with homemade tiramisu!!!!! I cant wait to return!

Then a sweet lady, who I believe is the owner, sent complimentary limoncello shots for my husbands birthday.

Blown Away and will return and recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Hannah B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited Divinos for my birthday and had an incredible meal. I always have gnocchi to truly test the ability of an Italian restaurant . They were cooked to perfection with a sauce that made me crave more. As I have not become a fish lover I also had the salmon . The spices used created a truly wonderful taste. I love spicy food. If you feel the same ask Mario for momma's home made hot peppers. Wow!
The evening was completed with a world class cappuccino , one of the best, and the traditional tiramisu .
It is worth the trip to Essex.
PS let Mario help you with the menu selection.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been going here with friends for years, and it's the best Italian food in the Windsor area. That's really saying something, because Windsor has a large Italian community with a host of fine restaurants. Many people from Detroit come over to Windsor to eat. They don't come to Di Vino, though - because it's tucked out of the way in the small town of Essex. Even though Essex is only 20 minutes from Windsor, they still don't come.

It's the flavour of the food that keeps bringing us back. Simple recipes done with fresh ingredients and home-cooked in the family kitchen at the back. Mario, the owner, is lots of fun and gives incredible service.

Did I mention how reasonable the cost is?

Guess what? In the washroom there are individual fresh face clothes to wipe your hands and freshen up with. Who else these days has this touch of class?

The only flaw is the wine list, which is pedestrian and costly. Too bad they don't have a license allowing you to bring your own wine (with an appropriate corkage fee). Such inspiring food should have the finest of wines to complement it.

OK, Detroiters - take the extra time and try Di Vino's. It's easy.

s