“Quad Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maniwaki
Cornwall, Canada
“Quad Getaway”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were a group of 12, that travelled three hours to this great destination for a Quad trip. The hotel was very accomodating, and ensured that our group was well looked after. The accomodations are fine, and the food was very good. We were so extatic, to find that the Quad trail was literally in the back yard. We were an English group travelling in a French Speaking community, and the staff made every effort to understand our needs. Although the rooms are a bit dated, they are very clean. One has ot remember, that the Logue caters to Quad packages, and boots will drag in dirt. Please take the time to judge this place for your self, and dont let 'negative comments turn you away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Located on an historic site in the hearth of Outaouais.This is a perfect resort if you need to do business in this part of Québec or to re-visit for a family outdoor vacation.
The room was large and clean in a breathtaking environment. It was equipped with free high speed internet and a very large desk to work on plus a small side table.
Since I had much time to spare during my two days stay I made good use of the inside swimming pool, spa and exercise room. They also have a sauna and you can practice golf in the summer. Located next door, and yours to visit, is the Forest museum which has a forest fire watch-tower you can climb.
The dining room coupled with the bar is a located in a rustic old building reached through a small corridor. It has a good combine bar and dining atmosphere. The food is good but the wine list pricey. No fancy service but very courteous personnel.
I really enjoy my stay at this resort. Too bad I rarely come in this part of Québec.

Room Tip: On the Gatineau River side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I bought a special offer voucher $109 from Jaunt.ca for one night stay for two at Chateau Logue. The offer included cocktails, breakfast and spiced French hot wine for bonfire. The riverside hotel is nice, quiet and clean, plus very friendly service.The riverside trail, golf court took us into tranquil nature; A garnet covered bridge over the river brought us into the scenes of the movie Madison County; Thanksgiving night bonfire with hot French wine gave us a wonderful time. The restaurant with a bar is gorgeous. Foods were good and affordable; The waitresses were very attentive and they smiled all the time.
Only one thing needs to improve: Food was served a bit too slow. We had to think about how to spend the waiting time.
Overall,this is a great vacation experience.

Room Tip: Room with a river view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maplebee01
shawville
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very nice room, great food and wonderful service. I will for sure go back again. Breakfast was slow but our supper was very good. Look forward to going back with the kids.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Wonderful stay for 3 weeks
Wonderful meals
Great experience overall

Room Tip: Ask a suite with a view on the river
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My wife and I went to the Chateau for a quiet romantic stay back in January. We enjoyed our meal an fine wine. The service was excellent and the waitress was very courteous.The room very nice and clean.

This is aplace that I would recommend to anyone who want to be close to nature

Louis Turbide

Gatineau

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My partner and I were on our way to the cottage from Ottawa and decided we would try out this place.
My partner is english and I am bilingual. The restaurant staff never once spoke english to my partner I had to do all the translating. About a half hour into our diner I hear our waiter speak broken english at the table next to us... thats just bs! He should have spoken english to my partner and to me, when he saw that my partner was only english.

The food was horrible! I dont understand why they would use processed chicken. The food was overly salted. My partner had pasta, the pasta was overcooked. The wine from Puglia was good and the chard was ok. If you are in Maniwaki I recommend Rialdo's go there instead, you will have a much better experience, no pretentious servers, and the food is good. Also, If in Maniwaki and you want a really really good restaurant that showcases local seasonal food, go to la Cremallaire in Messines.
Now A little tip for the people at Chateau Logue, Maniwaki as an important english population, hire your staff from that pool. Also, when in Quebec in March, everyone thinks maple syrup, you should think about showcasing seasonal local food, modify your menu according to seasons. Show case Quebec beers and maple whiskies or something. Make it a destination. Right now everything thats on your menu you can get at an East side Marios and at least there it tastes much better. Get a chef that has passion and that will showcase local foods and microbrewery beers.

Not stoping there ever again... Oh and fix the peeling wallpaper, real turnoff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Markous_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maniwaki
Auberge du Draveur
#5 of 7 in Mont Laurier
Super 8 Mont Laurier
Super 8 Mont Laurier
#3 of 7 in Mont Laurier

Been to Chateau Logue Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!