“Don't bother - waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of BArney Gargles

BArney Gargles
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Selkirk
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Don't bother - waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we walked in, the line was huge, it was a very busy night, however I am really confused as to why! I was very disappointed by this restaurant. The kitchen doesn't want to share ingredients, so if you have allergies, intolerances, or any other dietary needs this place is not for you. They ran out of basics for salad, mash potatoes are dry, ribs are smothered in sauce - probably to hide the tough meat, veggies are over cooked, veal is tough as well. The only good point of this place is the dessert selection, but again, they run out of the favourites and I bet they are from "Goody's" or another restaurant pastry provider, not likely made in-house. When I complained to the owner, she took three dollars off my bill. Pathetic.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank WinnipegJennie

Winnipeg, Canada
“RUDE! Never been treated so horribly!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The service is hit and miss the majority of the time but tonight was absolutely TERRIBLE! My friends and I went to Barney and Gargles for dessert and coffee...they were busy so I asked how long of a wait and she starting raising her voice saying she didn't know and she would have to look around and said do you want your name on the list or not...........it would be good if we left....so we did. There's more but I'm sure you get the idea! I believe from the other complaints I've seen on-line.......it was the owner that gave me the unpleasant experience to share with anyone that reads this! We are frequent customers and usually put up with the poor service seeing that we traveled 45 minutes to get there.......but I can honestly say......NO MORE!

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank 7Disappointed817
Medicine Hat, Canada
“recommended by our B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Good food, good prices, cold beer! What more could one ask for after 11 hours in a car?

This restaurant was recommended by our hosts at Evergreen Gate B&B. It is conveniently located

Visited July 2012
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great food, big portions!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Went for Saturday morning brunch, absolutely delicious! Big portions even on the kids menu!!! We came with eight of us & all had a great meal! We're from out of town, but definitely recommend it to everyone!

Lockport, Canada
“go for desserts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food is good nothing to special, go for the desserts. They greet you as you walk through the door. Tip phone a day ahead to make a reservation or be prepared to wait.

• Visited July 2012