“busy Place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
winnipeg
“busy Place”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Very packed all the time. Waitress tried her best to keep the flow of the food going. Waited a bit too long for our meal but it was great when we got it!!

Selkirk, Canada
“Dependable and good”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Food always good and large portions, large enough that I'm reluctant to go there sometimes. You can take it away so its not really a problem.

Visited October 2011
“Compleatly disrespectful owners! The mother should be ashamed of those sisters. Treat others as youd like to be treated!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

kyle said...
Today was the santa claus parade in selkirk, this is my sons first one. After the parade my family decided to have hot chocolate and some famous cheese cake. The snack was alrite and server was great with everyone. To her I say thanks once again!
HOWEVER after finishing our meals my son got restless and walked away from the table (hes 2) as my wife got up to retreve him we were confronted by the owner who rudely
Made a point of telling her she had mud on her boots. My wife was instantly red with embarasment, this was still not enough thou the owner kept bringing it up with her so everyone could hear.My dad payed the bill and we went on our way.
Once home I felt very sry that I wasent there for my girl when she was being talked down to. I decided to call barneys and talk with both the server and owner. I told the server how great her service was and that id like to speak with the owner afterwards once on the phone I explained how the owner made my wife feel just by the way she talked to her. The owner then proceded to blast me saying how I should be embarassed to bring someone like that to barneys, befor I could say another word she said " dont ever come back!" then she hung up on me!
Id just like to say I will never be in her store again and I will do everything in my power to expose her for her true self.
My last word and I think this is funny... I googled barney gargles so I could call, the first page was a dont eat at barneys page its a good read and its nice to know im not alone 0 out of 5 stars.
NOVEMBER 18, 2011 11:01 PM

11 Thank Kyleroger
Gimli, Canada
“The Food is of a Higher Calibre Than the Attitude of the Owner & Some of the Staff”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our Red Hat group drove to Selkirk this evening for dinner. The food ranged from very good to excellent. Ample portions, good presentation, superb desserts, and pleasant waitress. The quality of our experience stopped there. Our Queen had confirmed the reservations three times, however we were told by an irritated hostess that our reservation was for the next evening. Okay - mistakes do happen ... No apology when she found out otherwise, nor even a crack of a welcoming smile. Our party of ten was originally seated at two tables in different parts of the restaurant where we could not see each other. The waitress kindly arrranged for us to move. Much appreciated because the restaurant was busy and very noisy. BUT, when we went to pay, we had the displeasure of interacting with the sour owner at the cash register. One of our group tried to lighten the mood by commenting it must be difficult to work in such a busy, noisy environment, and hoped the woman had a good pair of ear plugs. The owner replied "it won't be once you are gone". Yessiree ... An example of Public Relations at its finest!

• Visited June 2011
7 Thank PatandHarv
Winnipeg, Canada
“the service was very poor”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

went for breakfast, the restaurant was empty when we arrived except for a couple of tables, after waiting 45 minutes after putting our order , we left hungry , still did not have our food. The excuse was they were busy , but not when we arrived, they must have put all the people after us before us in the kitchen. People that walked in right after us, were fed and left and we were still awaiting our order. Party of 4, and nothing special ordered, just bacon or sausages and eggs.

• Visited March 2011