“Beyond expectations!”
other travelers have booked this property
Canada geese make visits Canoe
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Canada geese make visits
Canoe
Paddling canoe
Long deck overlooking lawn and pond
East driveway
North face
North driveway
Brand new kitchen
Family room
Dinning room with spanish cobble stone wall
Conference room/boardroom
Master bedroom
Second bedroom in the main floor
Third bedroom in the main floor
Main washroom
Basement activity room
Bedroom #3 in the basement
Washroom with shower in the basement
Camp fire
East drive way in the night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sam101983
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely disgusting! I wish I could give it a 0 out of 5”
Reviewed March 29, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

What a dump! I don't know what was worse, the fact that every dish and piece of cutlery was probably never cleaned since it was bought, the water was not smelly as advertised, one person took a shower and it made the entire house STINK it was horrible or that the floor was sticky in most of the house. Oh wait, I know what was the worst part, BED BUGS!!!!! and the owner KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!! After seeing one we called immediately to let him know of the issue and he said, oh yeah I knew about that but dont worry, the beds that were super infested I got rid of them and got new ones, but dont worry, if you don't put bad reviews online than I'll refund you all of your money! First of all you made that deal with the renter, not me, I was a guest of the renter and I feel I can tell people whatever I want! I wonder how many other people he had to buy out to not say that this place, in his words, was infested with bed bugs????? This was an air b'n'b rental, which i've never done before and to be honest after this experience I'll never ever do again! Especially at the outrageous price for such a dump, I'll just pay for a hotel where I know what I'm getting. DONT STAY HERE!!!!!

recken
Louisville, Kentucky
“I paid good money to stay in a "Beautiful cottage," but got a fly infested dump instead”
Reviewed July 30, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Perhaps a third time is a charm, in that I only hope the owner of this fitly location will take notice of a third consecutive review expressing utter disappointment and resorts to one of two options: 1.) either clean the cottage that he charges people to stay in or 2.) give up entirely on the hospitally business, because the location's overall ambiance was the antithesis of welcoming.

Upon first entering the threshold of this home, we were greeted not with a "Welcome" mat but with strips of glue paper hanging from the ceiling and littered with the carcasses of flies. It seemed as if it were a scene taken from the script of a horror movie. This was no doubt a sign pointing to the fly infestation that we were to endure for the next four days.

I wish this was the only issue we had with the location but the list continues. While we were informed of the house's well water situation, we were unaware of the unpleasant smell that would linger through the entire house. We, like other reviewers, were instructed and expected to clean the premises, however the toilets had yellow stains around the rims, it seemed beneficial to one's health to take a shower while wearing flip flops, the floors were filthy leaving the bottoms of people's bare feet black, and the finished basement also had pools of water scattered on it's floor. We were told that we would be supplied with toilet paper and we were not.

We were also expected to take our trash with us or risk the possibility of paying $50 if it was left, yet we discovered a number of different trash bags hidden around the premises. In addition the owner suggests two locations in the area that one could take their trash. However, at least one of those locations will not take your trash because you are bringing it from a different city. If that doesn't work the owner suggests calling "Doug" who will take the trash off of your hands for $75.

All in all, we felt lied to. The caption for the first picture on this site reads, "Heaven on earth." Either this was an outdated picture or the owner spent a lot of money on an excellent photographer or magician one, because what we got instead was a fly infested dump.

Management Response
Aug 12, 2016
The cottage is well maintained by a dedicated cleaning team and a lawn cutting company. During the summer season, flies or mosquitos come into the house when guests keep doors open during their stay. That is why we have the fly catcher hanging inside to remove them. Surely it is ugly to see the trapped flies but at least flies are killed.

We have the rules that guests need to clean the house and return the property to the original condition before check in. We still have cleaning team to check and clean the place again after every check out. We have many satisfactory guests who come back every year and always leave good comments about the place. We appreciate for the feed back and we work hard to improve everything we can for a comfortable vacation experience.
sikhbawse
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Disgusting - a health hazard to say the least.”
Reviewed September 4, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We arrived to an absolutely filthy house infested with flies. We spent over an hour cleaning the kitchen area as everything was un-useable for any normal person with any type of hygiene standards. We did not even bother using any of the pots/pans/cutlery that were provided in fear of being infected by some sort of disease. The bedroom in which I stayed had visible MOLD growing on the table. We were made aware of the well water, however were not prepared for the smell that would permeate into the entire house when the shower was run. It was even hard to breath. The owner stated that we should clean before we leave, however the bushes and surrounding area were all full of garbage! Beer cans, water bottles and random garbage all over the place. There were used tissues sitting on top of the shelf in the pool table area. This place was so unbelievably filthy, that a member of our group decided to sleep outside on the lawn. Come to think of it, I should have done the same as I have been suffering the effects of breathing in the mold all week. Should the owner have any morals or human decency, he will not rent to anyone else until he cleans up this filth. You could not pay me to stay here again. RENTERS BEWARE (unless you are into living in third world accommodations) By the way, our entire group decided to leave a day early. SIMON DING - WE DESERVE A FULL REFUND FOR THIS NONSENSE.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That I decided to leave a day early.
Liked least: The entire cottage.
Your age range 25-34
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the outdoor property
Liked least: the cleanliness and the smell from the well water
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Melbourne (but now living in Toronto)
Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
Jan 27, 2014
Hello Pam,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. Just as what you did in cleaning and maintaining the property in a perfect way when you check out of our cottage, you sent us a perfect review too! You are definitely one of the best customers. Great thanks.
Simon
Toronto
Reviewed September 14, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Toronto
Reviewed September 7, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing