“Luv Frankies!”

Frankie's Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The first 100% gluten-free restaurant in North America also nut free, special diets are catered too. A slow-food experience. Fantastic wonderfully delicious food made from scratch (a la minute).First Level 3 Leaf certification in Ontario! Reservations recommended (as we hate turning people away).
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My daughter and I are gluten free, and have been for years-Frankies Restaurant has amazing dishes for brunch, lunch or dinner for us to enjoy- and a great atmosphere!
Joel does a great job on exciting new recipes and Donna and her husband's input at her Bakery in town is wonderful and also delicious!
Come and experience Uxbridge and Frankies!

There are newer reviews for Frankie's Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We won a gift certificate for Frankies in a raffle and attended this past weekend.

I won't lie I was a bit hesitant based on the fact that a LOT of gluten free / wheat free food is tasteless but I can assure you this is not the case.

My husband had the Calamari with Portabello mushrooms - which he enjoyed and I didn't mind even though I am not a fan of Mushrooms. I had the Frankies bread which was delicious - personal preference would be to not have as much topping on it - however I am in the minority i am sure :)

My husband had one of the Feature menu items - the half rack of lamb which was also delicious. I had the pasta and cheese. Delicious.

Dessert - we had the creme brulee and the sticky toffee pudding. I would order everything we had again.

They have a wide variety of Teas and the Blackcurrant one was simply devine.

1  Thank bluebabe83
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I feel horrible that it has taken me this long to write this review but I have to rave about these guys. A friend forwarded me some of their premixed gluten free flour and it is amazing. I didn't need to add anything to make up for the lack of gluten in the mix. I bake for a number of terminally and chronically ill people with gluten issues but even my gluten eating patients loved it and didn't even know they were eating a gluten free cookie until I told them. Thanks so very much for an awesome product and for a great staff that re-stocked my supply the last time I ran out... Definitely worth the drive to Uxbridge for the flour, I'm looking forward to trying lunch :)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very impressed at the wealth of vegan and gluten-free options on the menu. They had a children's menu, the most expensive one I've encountered, but my kids were thoroughly satisfied with the fresh-squeezed lemonade and pasta with cheese sauce. They rainbow sorbet for dessert was also well received.
I had a Beau's beer and decided to have the sampler plate. This was tasty enough, but the portions were disappointingly small. We were one of three parties dining and the chef introduced himself to the other two while ignoring us. Our server was well attentive though. I'll definitely make a point of visiting again, and stay for a more substantial meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have eaten at Frankie's a few times over the years and I'm not gluten intolerant, I just love the food and the atmosphere. The service is warm and inviting as well as the whole ambience of the restaurant. I'm glad they take reservations because the last couple of times we went it was pretty busy!! Something to think about if you're going to eat there.