“Relaxing and Accomodating”

Frankie's Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The first 100% gluten-free restaurant in North America also nut free, special diets are catered too. A slow-food experience. Fantastic wonderfully delicious food made from scratch (a la minute).First Level 3 Leaf certification in Ontario! Reservations recommended (as we hate turning people away).
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have eaten at Frankie's a few times over the years and I'm not gluten intolerant, I just love the food and the atmosphere. The service is warm and inviting as well as the whole ambience of the restaurant. I'm glad they take reservations because the last couple of times we went it was pretty busy!! Something to think about if you're going to eat there.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

"Frankie's Restaurant" is a fantastic gluten and nut free restaurant that we are so lucky to have in Uxbridge. I have been there on several occasions for both lunch and dinner, and I have always been welcomed with warm, friendly, courteous service.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone with or without food allergies, as the food is amazing, and if you have allergies having the freedom to order anything off the menu without fear is priceless. You will leave looking forward to the next time you can visit.
Just up the road, "Baked at Frankie's" has the breads and sweet treats that you can take home. The prices are comparable to the grocery store but they are made fresh daily, and the taste is unbelievable!

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I first tried Frankie's bakery division and then the restaurant. Its such a relief to have a total gluten free restaurant with class. To bad I have to drive from Ajax to dine there and buy the baked goods. Totally worth the drive though if you have a gluten allergy. Definitely on my list of favourite eating places and I seldom miss an opportunity to tell others about this place.

1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Frankie's is fine dining at it's best....and the amazing thing is it's Gluten Free!
Not only does Frankie's have a warm, cozy atmosphere - it has super friendly, professional staff, wonderful, live music on weekends - and DELICIOUS, healthy, mouth-watering food.
I have been to Frankie's for brunch, lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed.
What a treat!! Uxbridge is lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Frankie's is one of the reasons my wife and I moved to Uxbridge! The staff is awesome, the food is delicious, the presentation is always top-notch, and to top it all off, it's gluten-free! Having previously worked for years at a big Toronto east-end organic food co-op, I've tasted lots of gluten-free food. None of it comes close to the quality of Frankies. I honestly feel that if people weren't told it was gluten-free, they wouldn't be able to tell! Texture, taste and everything else is always amazing. They also have great music on Friday and Saturdays. Oh, and the brunches are ridiculously good. Highly recommended.