“Go anywhere else!”

Add it.
Abie's Smoked Meat & Steak Restaurant
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a joke this place. The watress was the worst ive ever seen.
1)She took over 10 mins to simply aknowledge our presence. no hi nothing.
2)Even when I called her she said wait up and took another 5 mins to come.
3)She told us a certain item on the meny was "not good, its frozen, dont ordeer it"... what kind of waitress sais that. It make s me feel like all the food is garbage (and it was)
3)we asked how big the small poutine was and she said its biig real big. we asked if it was big enough to share adn she said ooh ya. IT WAS A TINY BOWL.TIIIINY.
4)The poutine tasted like crap. it was made with like grated mozzarella or something.
5)I asked for an extra lean smoked meat and i got this gross sandwich fille with CLUMPS of fat. litterally CLUMPS of fat.
6)we got our foof 40 minutes after having entered. seriously? you get food fater at high class restaurants. this is just a smoked meat place. You get your food withing 5 mins at other smoked meat places.

bottom line: AVOID AVOID AVOID. McDonalds is actually way better. thats how bad this place is.

1  Thank Andy B

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are in the west island, stop in for the lunch special: smoked meat sandwich, slaw, fries, and a pickle. Top it off with a cherry coke and you are set!
Food is great, ambiance is quaint. At times you will be approach by another patron and engaged in pleasant conversation. When you are done, you don't feel rushed to leave.
The one recommendation I would offer is to extend their lunch hours. They have an excellent lunch special which should extend until 2pm for those who have to work 12-1.
Looking forward to the next time I stop by for a bite !

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this place. Not fancy at all. Divish looking really and nothing spectacular about the decor or the staff. Except for the mans cutting the smoked meat. He needs to be knighted. The smoked meat is unfreakingly awesome. Tasty, never dry, and just wonderful. Side that with their great fries, a side of dry nash (karnatzel) and I'm in heaven.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sorry, I found the Smoked very dry and though tasty it was full of fat. The waiter was obviously tired from a long shift. We were two, my companion ordered a club roll with karnatzel and i ordered a smoked meat sandwich with karnatzel entree and a drink. My companion's meal came first and I had to wait at least 10 minutes for my order. There were four (4) other people in the whole restaurant. Service was not up to par. The server never asked me how i wanted the sandwich, lean, medium or old fashioned. Next time I will spend the extra time to travel and go down to the Main, they know from service and are happy to serve me at any time of the day.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Everything here is better than Shwartz and they don't give you dirty looks if you linger after the best smoked meat anywhere!! A small plate, medium, slaw and pickle, with a cold beer. Heaven, I tell you.

1  Thank vacances04