“Asian ... yummy!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Wok Cafe
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Never disappointed with this restaurant. Nothing fancy as far as the interior goes but the food is good and affordable -- for either a quick lunch or a casual dinner. The hot and sour soup is spicy enough waking your sinuses going! The hunan dumplings don't disappoint with a thick sweet peanutty sauce and a healthy portion for sharing. There is an abundance of choices for main dishes for every taste of Asian ... Szechuan, dim sum, Thai! The complimentary tea adds a nice touch to the entire experience. This resto is a must try for the area.

1  Thank vee1967

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wasn't expecting to go to this restaurant but just "so happened" upon it by accident. "Wok-ing" in (pun intended), I was expecting the caliber of a generic Chinese-Canadian take-out or buffet style restaurant. My expectations were low but they advertised Dim Sum in the front window so decided to be adventurous with my family of four. We started with fried wonton and peanut butter dumplings which were exactly what I had originally expected. They weren't very good (Point me to the buffet table, please). BUT when we were served our meal order, it was a pleasant surprise. The dim sum menu wasn't a complete menu of items one would find at a full dim sum restaurant but had the basics. We also ordered a Cantonese Chow Mein, Salt and Pepper Seafood and a Spicy Tofu dish. They were each very tasty. I was surprised that these dishes were comparable in taste and quality to many Chinatown restaurants we’ve visited. I probably wouldn’t come here to order a dinner for two with extra egg rolls (though, in all honesty, I haven’t tried this here). I was impressed with what we did order for the meal portion.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We ordered online via just-eat.ca. As starters we had Tom Yum soups. One with chicken and coconut milk and one with shrimp. They were nothing like a real thai Tom Yum soup, but I guess one can't expect that if it is not a real thai restaurant... but at least they could have put in some vegetables or mushrooms or anything! Instead it was just the chicken or shrimp and a few pieces of pineapple. Very disappointing. As main courses we had the chicken with cashews and the thai-style chicken. The ingredients seemed ok, but there was no, absolutely no taste to it! Actually, the thai-style was supposed to be spicy but it wasn't at all. Adding the hot sauce and soy sauce that were in the bag we managed to add at least some taste. But we still couldn't bring ourselves to finishing the plate. I will never order there again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been on three occasions. The food was great the take out service was very slow. The in house service was great.

1  Thank helen l