“For Mother's Day”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: rue Blue Haven
Description: We named our restaurant Bistro Nolah, an acronym for New Orleans, out of a love for the style of comfort food they serve down south.This style of food will be the inspiration behind some of the dishes we will be serving at Nolah.
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Found this amazing Bistro via Google search Great welcome great food great service and great price definitely will go back

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Great little bistro in Montreal’s West Island just off Hwy 40. Not a huge menu but everything on it looked great and they also offered numerous daily chef specials. We started off with a delicious crab cake and fried oysters with a homemade mayo. They were plump and juicy and although nicely seasoned with just a hint of kick but lacked salt.

For mains, we opted for a blackened catfish and cajun shrimp and jambalaya. Both were awesome and well seasoned with nice sides. Finished off the meal with hot beignets...absolutely perfect.

The service was excellent. We will be going back for sure.

Reviewed April 18, 2019

What a nice, bright and sunny relaxed atmosphere for Sunday Brunch. It will be nice when their sunny terrasse is opened. They served a lagniappe of small fruit smoothie. Niced varied menu, cappuccino and their latte was delish. We all enjoyed our selection of casserole, pancake with fruit and fried chicken and french toast. Their beignets were served warm.
Will have to come back to try their cajun dishes. Service is good not rushed. Lots of parking available.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

It has been several decades and counting since I was raised right on the St. Lawrence River in an old stone house built in 1754 in a town called Boucherville, Quebec on the south shore of Montreal Island. And my fondest and earliest memories were of fishing for catfish, catching frogs and toads and all the other activities of youth. Mom didn't like catfish but she cooked them anyway. Well, this evening, I revisited my youth at Bistro Nolah, an intimate smallish creole restaurant from Louisiana, where I had one of the best restaurant meals I have had in a very long time! It was our 5th wedding anniversary and my wife selected jumbo shrimp and grits, and I chose blackened catfish with mashed sweet potatoes. Wow! The tastes just melted in my mouth and I was transported to an earlier time, a carefree time! Service was impeccable and presentation of the dishes was artistic and very well done. My late grandmother from Tennessee would have loved every minute of it. Highly recommended but make reservations...getting very popular. Oh, also the chocolate torte is to die for for dessert.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meals there!
The food was hot, well seasoned and quite nice to look at. We went there based on other reviews and they were correct it was a nice place to be. The service was attentive but not pushy. The bill was reasonable and the house wine was one of my favourite wines :)