“Evening With Friends at the Bistro”
Review of Bistro Nolah

Bistro Nolah
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Nolah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: rue Blue Haven
Description: We named our restaurant Bistro Nolah, an acronym for New Orleans, out of a love for the style of comfort food they serve down south.This style of food will be the inspiration behind some of the dishes we will be serving at Nolah.
Montreal, Canada
“Evening With Friends at the Bistro”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've been dying to try Bistro Nolah for several months (over a year in fact) and finally got around to doing so. Well, it was WELL worth the wait. The meal was fantastic!!! I went with 3 friends and all 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed the meal and overall experience. From the initial greeting and being made to feel at home, right down to our final exit.
The appetizers were absolutely delicious and a great start to the meal (see pictures), the gumbo was HOT and awesome. The main course was beyond expectation!!! Personally, my Shrimp Creole could not have been better. I had a small taste of the other 3 dishes and they were right up there with my dish...and the wine was a perfect pairing to the meal. ..oh, and let me not forget to mention that our server's level or service was second-to-none!!! She was there when we needed her, without ever feeling like she was "there"!!
Although, full, we still had to order dessert, The Dessert Trio...and WOW!!! That's all I can say.

So, in wrapping this up I have to say that I would recommend Bistro Nolah to EVERYONE who enjoys food. There's something for everyone and you won't be disappointed. I've waited years for a REALLY great Cajun-style restaurant to open, and now I've found my fix. I will return over and over and constantly recommend this space. In fact, 7 people have attended since my visit (that I know of) and nothing but rave reviews....(especially for the Braised Short-Ribs, which I've yet to sample).

Good job Bistro Nolah....worth every dollar!!!
Cheers
Danny Young

• Visited November 2013

Rigaud, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is simply amazing, I recommend it to everyone! As someone who considers herself a bit of a foodie, this is one of my favourite places! Every time I go to Nolah's I am created with new and exciting things to try, I have never been disappointed1

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Bistro Nolah offered my husband and I a wonderful dining experience with a touch of new Orleans. I thoroughly enjoyed the Gumbo which I had for the first time and my husband had the Blackened Cat Fish which he reluctantly tried but thoroughly enjoyed. It was my Birthday Celebration which was intimate, romantic and very satisfying. Service was excellent and Chef Richard T even sent over some complimentary hush puppies to accompany our soup. So delicious. Everything was so fabulous. The Waitress was very knowledgeable and encouraged us to try new things. We will definitely be celebrating other special occasions at Bistro Nolah. We look forward to have Chef Richard T involved in A Taste of the Caribbean 15th Anniversary in May 2014 as our theme will be "Going Down South". What a better place to start but with some great Southern food from Bistro Nolah.

• Visited September 2013
Saint-Lazare-de-Bellechasse, Canada
“You Never Disappoint!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just gotta say that Izze and her team are just fabulous at what they do! Eating here at Bistro Nolah is more than just great food: it's a culinary experience!!! I just love recommending this place and bringing friends here, too! By far, the best resto on the island!!! See you soon, BN!

• Visited October 2013
Lancaster, Canada
“Italian tasting and wine pairing”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent experience .The food was delicious and the pairing of wine was great. Would certainly recommend one of these special events which are held monthly with a different theme. The explanation of why certain wines were chosen to match the different foods was also done in a very professional way.
A great evening with friends.

• Visited August 2013