“Nice meal, but in a very competitive market”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Les Pates Riccardos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Been many times to Riccardo's, and suppose I've never left disappointed. Place is newly renovated; while it has been made bigger, this new found space has provided no new elbow room on the floor, but has been devoted to adding more tables. I always found the place a little on the cramped side, and with the removal of the handy coat closet at the door, it seems more people had their coats on their chair-backs, making it even more cramped. I suppose one could argue it all adds to the ambiance, something this place does not lack.

The dining room can be quite noisy, so if you are out with a group of friends it's great, romantic dinner may be something else, especially on weekends. I personally liked the old gaudy Italian stucco look with the fireplace which I thought added to its charm, the new look with its lack of linens on the tables, seems ordinary.

Enough of the decor, on to the food. The food is great and most people we go with are always satisfied. Pasta is cooked well, and I love their Prosciutto and Melon as a starter. Sauces are all nice, with Riccardos being my favorite. Go to meal for me is their meat Ravioli with Riccardos sauce. Gnocci gets rave reviews, as well as their veal dishes. We normally order the house wine, which is more than adequate.

Service is great and while I've had the odd mix up over the years, they always go out of their way to make amends. Place can be a little pricey, but it is clear that this place is not suffering and they enjoy a huge devoted following of regular clients, the real test of any eatery.

All in all, always a good meal and experience. Based on its popularity, why not give it a try and see for yourself.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This local comfort food Italian specialties has just reopened following a renovation.Always good. Always busy.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

September 27 2012 RICCARDOS just reopened and could not wait to go back. Riccardos is one of our favourite restaurants on the west Island. My wife and I have been there several times and have never been disappointed. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Eating here is like eating at an Italian friend's house. Great food at GREAT prices.

3  Thank Kosta M
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had the gigi pasta which is a rose sauce with mushrooms and pancetta and it was very tasty. My husband had the chicken salad, the chicken was excellent. Small cozy atmosphere, but quite noisy. Service was very good. Prices range from 12 and up

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ricardos has a loyal cliental and can be very busy especailly over the weekends. The food is good but not outstanding with many standard Italian dishes. We found the service slow but the place was packed. It was satisfying but we will not likely be going back because there are so many other and better Italian restaurants in the area that are not so crowded.