“Fresh, Tasty and got kick!”
Review of La Perle

La Perle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Montreal, Canada
“Fresh, Tasty and got kick!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've eaten and the restaurant and most recently got delivery the food is always fresh, tasty and well I like heat so it has that and tons of options with out heat/spicy for kids too.
Lemon chicken - lightly breaded to perfection and the sauce on the side so it won't get soggy when re-heating the next day.
Portions are large and fairly priced.
I ordered the meal for 2 it fed family of 3 for dinner with left overs for next night for dinner. I just took the extra steamed rice and made it into fried rice adding egg and green onion and garlic. Yummy!

• Visited February 2013

Montreal
“Tasty Szechuan dishes.Great value & variety !!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My colleagues and I meet for a business lunch monthly at La Perle.It has become everyone's favorite place.We always order from the all-you-can-eat menu (not buffet) for $18 and what great value. Service is most often very good.Most people that come here choose this deal. The food is always delicous,hot,& tasty.There are a wide variety of Szechuan dishes to choose from,which keeps us coming back regularly. If you don't like this place, you can't be pleased.
Great value & variety !!!

• Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Perle still in the rough”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to La Perle for a large family gathering. It's always been a favourite of my mothers. They offer an all you can eat which is ordered from a menu (not buffet) for $30 but I find these deals are often overpriced and drive one to overeat to get the $30 value. We ordered a la carte which is a different menu and shows prices for each dish. We order more food than we needed but we still ended up less than $30 a head including drinks.

Service was very good, attentive and because we all ordered a la carte we were a challenge. Most people that come to this resto take the $30 per person deal.

Food was nothing special - most of it lacked the flavour you expect from Chinese food. My beef and black bean was average. The General Tao's was unimpressive. Best dish was the curry shrimp.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Untrained waiter, food very so-so”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were a group of 10 at lunchtime for the tasting menu. The waiter first of all wanted to know if we were paying with credit card or cash before he would take the order. One has to wonder why? It was a real problem to order with 10 people and when 8 people ordered one dish, the dish that came would have served 2 people. The General Tao's chicken was great as was the shrimp - for the rest, no so much. Lemon chicken was absolutely tasteless and deep fried and another chicken much the same except the sauce was different. Really not worth the money and I shall not be returning. There are so many better Chinese restaurants in the West Island to frequent.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank sanka65
Montreal
“La Perle Restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The best Szechuan food I have tasted in Montreal. I've never sat in the restaurant, but it is an option unlike the description might suggest. The atmosphere is family style with oriental decore. But the real reason people go isn't for the atmosphere, but rather for the quality and great flavors in their authentic cuisine. Everything is made to order and is served family style. I strongly suggest trying a variety of things on the menu, it might not be the cheapest place, but you do pay for the quality in their food, as well as their great flavors. Things I suggest trying: Hunan Dumplings, General Tao Chicken, Shredded Crispy Chicken in Spicy Sauce (which isn't really spicy), and the Orange Beef. All the meats are very tender. Great place if you're in the mood for some good Szechuan.

• Visited October 2012