“Excellent New Year's Eve Celebration!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terra Restaurant

Terra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 210 Restaurants in Thornhill
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 407 or Hwy. 7
Transit: Kirk Drive
Thornhill, Canada
“Excellent New Year's Eve Celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellente on all fronts! Terra is a classic spot in north Toronto that continually re-invents itself so as to provide a fresh, tantalizing dining and evening out experience for its existing and new partons! A must visit regardless of where you are in the GTA!

Visited December 2013

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Wonderful for Special Occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is our "Go To" restaurant for birthdays anniversaries, and special occasions. The service is excellent and often you feel as though they anticipate your requests. The menu is creative and varied to all tastes. The wine list is thorough. They typically have a good selection of fresh oysters, which for me is a treat.

Its definitely pricey, but worth every cent.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
“Fantastic Thornhill Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I went here for the first time for my birthday, and I will definitely be going back. The food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful. We went on a Sunday and experienced the Prix Fixe Sundy-licious menu, which made the experience much more affordable - this restaurant is definitely higher - not a place for people on a budget (except, maybe, for special occasions). Now that we know how yummy it is, we will be going back, but based on our budget, probably just for special occasions.
To start I had the caesar salad - fresh, good real bacon, and they got my order right of "light dressing". This was followed by the Sea Bass - cooked to flakey perfection. My only complaint - it came with pineapple salsa... there was less than a teaspoon on the plate - that was too little. The wonderful flavour was a tease - a wanted a lot more to go with the fish. For dessert - perfectly crusted creme brule.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Kingston, Canada
“...for special occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We celebrated a birthday at Terra and unless you are made of money, this is an establishment for special occasions.
The food was absolutely outstanding....everyone in our party was thrilled with their meals and the chef even accommodated a couple youngsters who are finicky eaters. The only downside were the oysters, delicious as they were, had to be the tiniest little things I've ever eaten.
The service was top notch....our hostess was absolutely outstanding. It really was lovely evening and it has been a very long time since I have experienced such fine food and remarkable service.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank lb64
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome food and service for birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went here with 3 girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. The food was amazing. We ordered the oysters which were very fresh and the accompaniments were very good. I ordered the seafood spaghetti which was a great portion and very flavourful. The scallops ordered by my girlfriends were good, but the portion size way too small. Service was fantastic and seamless.

We did not inform the wait staff of this as my friend wanted to keep things low key. Our waiter noted all the gifts and asked if we were celebrating someone's birthday. They surprised her with a special dessert as well as a free round of after dinner cocktails for us all. NICE!

I would recommend that the restaurant beef up some of their smaller portions with a hefty starch so that the diner doesn't feel like they need to stop by McD's on their way home after spending $70 on dinner.

But all in all, excellent experience other than the portion size.

• Visited August 2013