“Awesome food and service for birthday”
Review of Terra Restaurant

Terra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 226 Restaurants in Thornhill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 407 or Hwy. 7
Transit: Kirk Drive
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went here with 3 girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. The food was amazing. We ordered the oysters which were very fresh and the accompaniments were very good. I ordered the seafood spaghetti which was a great portion and very flavourful. The scallops ordered by my girlfriends were good, but the portion size way too small. Service was fantastic and seamless.

We did not inform the wait staff of this as my friend wanted to keep things low key. Our waiter noted all the gifts and asked if we were celebrating someone's birthday. They surprised her with a special dessert as well as a free round of after dinner cocktails for us all. NICE!

I would recommend that the restaurant beef up some of their smaller portions with a hefty starch so that the diner doesn't feel like they need to stop by McD's on their way home after spending $70 on dinner.

But all in all, excellent experience other than the portion size.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a special occasion and I was not disappointed at all, I had heard that the restaurant was above my usual price range and was not surprised by the prices. Having said that the food was extremely good. I have not had any meal that would compare with it even at other upscale restaurants. Total bill before tip was $92 (incl tax) for two of us. We had two meals and one apperitif - no appetizer, no dessert, no coffee, no wine.

One of us ordered a sherry from the drinks menu. The waiter came to tell us they did not have it in stock but brought two other selections with two clean glasses so my guest could taste both and choose from one of those. What class! My guest had the salmon. It was perfectly done, still moist, not dry as is often the case. I had the roast chicken that was excellent - crispy skin but juicy and tender meat. Both of us loved the taste of our meals. What was just as impressive was that the meal was hot. Too often we have eaten out and the plate is hot but the meal is only warm - this is a turn off for me.

I found the staff very attentive but not intrusive and bothersome. A great experience compared to many restaurants when you hardly see the staff or they are all over you during the meal. We did arrive early in the evening and this may have been the reason why service as so great. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because I don't think anything is perfect, but this was very close.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice. In my experience, it's one of the few upscale dining establishments in Thornhill. Although kind of pricey, the experience and food make Terra a great option for a special occasion. The seared tuna appetizer was phenomenal and the gnocchi is some of the best I've ever had (and I just went to Italy).

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wonderful food and service, but at lunch time I found the loud house/dance music to be really annoying. It does not go with the type of restaurant this is. I would rather they play something that didn't make me feel like I was at a dance club. I would like to relax during my meal, not get up and dance.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great selections from sea food, steaks, pasta and so on. They normally have a few daily specials. Food and service is great, a great restaurant for special occasions.