“Ok. Nothing special.”
Review of Maki Sushi - CLOSED

Maki Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All-you-can-eat sushi, teriyaki , etc from soup to salad to raw to cooked with lots of vegetarian options too.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Ok place - really nothing special - average "all you can eat" place for $23 per person. Nice sushi selection but i personally didn't the quality of the sushi - they are kind of small and didn't look like fresh made... Also, poor desert selection for the price paid. On the top of $23 they charge 10% service charge and the waitress tried to ask me why i didn't leave her a tip on top of the service charge paid. Service wasn't friendly at all. I don't think i ever come back there...

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We come almost every Sunday night and get the best service when Jeffrey is working that night. Always a pot of hot tea and ample ginger and wasabi.
Great spicy salmon sushi that melts in your mouth. Yam tempura sushi great when yams are cooked soft.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

what a great lunch,and great value, great way to try so many different things especially if' you're not that familiar with all the sushi names. While I was trying out different morsels, I saw so many people simply come and pick up an order...obviously it's been discovered... Lunch special at $13.99 for anything you can eat. is a real treat. I'll have to treat someone there next. Good value, food and service.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Wow. They did everything to make the evening miserable. Service was horribly slow - at least a half hour between each order - and it only came after we chased down the staff (and reminding them what we ordered). Despite complaining, service never improved and we finally gave up. Great way to avoid giving us all we could eat. When we asked for the owner (the manager wasn't very helpful), we were alternatively told he was out on a delivery, in the kitchen, or next door. He was probably out getting something to eat - which is what I had to do after giving up here after two and a half hours of misery.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here with two friends and had the dinner menu. We ordered lots of food from the very beginning. Spicy salmon rolls, dynamite rolls, shrimp tempura, yam tempura, yam tempura rolls, miso soup, beef udon noodles, too much to remember.

The quality of the food is on par with other average, forgettable, generic all-you-can-eat sushi places in Toronto. Same menu, same decor, same tableware!

The server had terrible English language skills and we ordered by pointing to items on the laminated menus.

The food didn't come out all at once. Once the server took our initial order, service was nonexistent until the food was delivered to our table. After that, we were neglected and they didn't come back to us to see if things were okay and if we wanted to order anything more. We were ignored when we wanted to order from the menu a second time. We had to literally walk over to their station and tell them we wanted to order. I wanted flying fish row rolls, but was disappointed when the waitress looked hesitantly at me and said, "No, sorry, we don't have"...I suspect she was lying...

In my opinion, all-you-can-eat here is not worth the money for the $30 per person price. I personally am not a big eater and for $30, I could have a great meal at more notable a-la-carte dining establishments. I used to think all-you-can-eat was great value, but looking more closely at my own personal eating habits....i don't believe this to be the case anymore.