“Had dinner in a very cramped setting with a party of 9”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Ranked #6 of 223 Restaurants in Thornhill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Heading to Toronto? Before you get downtown, stop off the Trans Canada Highway for a light lunch or relaxing dinner at Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Thornhill.
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Despite having reservations, we were fit into two round tables in between the booths and another rectangular table with no room in between. It was uncomfortable and the table was clearly forced into there. We had to tell the manager to ask that servers don't walk behind us as there were several times that the plates almost hit our heads due to lack of space!

Baton Rouge shouldn't have agreed to more reservations than it could handle. For a $400+ meal, we could have gone to the Keg across the street which was way more comfortable.

The server was very good and that's the only good thing about it. The manager never came by to apologize for the sitting arrangements and the reception had no smiles, unfriendly...and frankly, why need them if they're like that???! what would their job be then except scowling at customers coming in.

I will definitely not go again. Highly recommend the Keg across the street or any of the chains is WAY BETTER than this!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Recently purchased a very large sum of gift cards as gifts and then went back a few months later to enjoy a dinner ourselves. The waitress tipped the tray and a glass of red wine spilled all over my new coat, new white scarf, and new blouse. She half heartedly helped to clean it up. A new glass was brought delivered by the owner who remembered me from my previous purchase, he apologized for the wine spilling and offered to bring in the dry cleaning bill. Enjoyed the meal, the owner brought us coffee and the bill. He comped the coffee, but charged me for the wine! CHEAPO, should have compted my meal, I sat in damp, red stained clothes.

Although the meal was good, I will not go back

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The service was quick and pleasant. I did not experience a "wow" with the lamb shank I was served. The meal was good, but not exceptional.

1  Thank wbsAlberta
Reviewed January 5, 2012

went on a second date, good environment to have a conversation with music in the background. Not sure if I would go back specifically for the food... but maybe for drinks.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Appetizers led me to believe that we were in for a great dining experience but it went downhill from there. Seared tuna salad was seared stiff and rib eye steak was tough and not very juicy. This place overachieve's as a bar and doesn't deliver the goods in the dining area. Service was very good.