“A good local choice”

Dining options: Reservations
Thornhill, Canada
“A good local choice”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sometimes we forget that we have great greek cuisine in our back yard. While we have not been in awhile we have always enjoyed our meals.
Lots of choice and an extensive wine list.
A little pricey for family dining but superb for date night!

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Toronto, Canada
“I hope Santorini management reads the site..warning to everyone else”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have been to Santorini many times for the food and atmosphere, it is a family favourite and I would actually normally highly recommend it....with a big caveat...ASK THEM IF THERE ARE ANY SPECIAL EVENTS ON THE NIGHT OF YOUR BOOKING.

We booked the restaurant for tonight for a quiet meal and arrived to bedlam. There was at least one large wedding reception going on and looked to be a second in play. The restaurant was in pandemonium- almost got run over 3 times by waiters..but most importantly they were about to start a DJ. In the middle of the restaurant.

Needless to say we left. Look, I have no problem at all with renting out restaurants for weddings, and there was nothing wrong with the party or the guests, but normally they are closed for the event. I could even live with them hosting other guests concurrently if THEY TOLD US IN ADVANCE. Then we can decide if we want to come.

Hopefully management gets the message before they PO too many loyal customers. In the mean time, always ask if there is a special event on before booking

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Gr J
thornhill
“Who needs the danforth? Great thornhill Greek !”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Looking for a great summer patio? Santorii's patio looks out on a parking lot but it is far enough from the street that the traffic in the area is not a distraction. Couple that with good service and great food and you have a great summertime night out.

Toronto, Canada
“Everything was perfect”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had my sons baptism dinner at this restaurant and everything was perfect. The meals were amazing and my guest came up to me to tell me how wonderful everything was. We had calamari and the option 2 for functions. It included pasta and salad. The meal options were salmon, steak or stuffed chicken breast and all three were delicious. What I really enjoyed was that every waiter showed ownership of the party and service. They always asked how everything was and would always keep me informed of what was coming next. They set up our area exactly how we asked. I would have another function here and be back for dinner with my family again for sure.

• Visited July 2013
“Best Greek Restaurant in Toronto”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food was excellent. The service was excellent. I cannot fathom why people give this place bad reviews. Best grilled octopus in GTA...better food than any Greek resto outside of Greece!!!!