“Best Greek Restaurant in Toronto”

Santorini Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 222 Restaurants in Thornhill
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food was excellent. The service was excellent. I cannot fathom why people give this place bad reviews. Best grilled octopus in GTA...better food than any Greek resto outside of Greece!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This restaurant, at one time was a favorite destination for a nice dining experience.
However, the business must be extremely good, as one gets the impression of intruding on the servers time.
The servers are rude and argumentative.
Perhaps that's why more than half of the restaurant is empty on Friday night.
One certainly does not feel welcome anymore.
The motto seem to be RUSH RUSH RUSH...get them out of here as fastest we can.
Food is still reasonably good, but the atmosphere is certainly not.
No reason to go back....

4  Thank MT M
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've dined at Santorini in the past and have been impressed by the good food and old-school dining atmosphere.

This time, I took my wife and two young kids. We attempted to order the appetizer platter ($22), grilled octopus ($18) and two kids orders of chicken fingers & fries ($12 or $13 per kid) and some drinks. When we were done ordering, the waiter told us that our order didn't meet the minumum $ amount, so we would need to order more food (btw - the restaurant was practically empty). So, without arguing, we ordered a plate of Dolmadakia that we didn't want ($10). The bill all-in was close to $100.

When we asked a different waiter about the miniumum policy, he had no idea what we were talking about.

As for the food quality itself, the chicken fingers were great and everything else was just so-so.

Not sure why the waiter would go to the extra effort of trying to milk us.

Not cool - won't be back.

5  Thank tadak
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I entertained an out of town visitor last summer and we had a cool relaxing lunch on the patio There was sufficient lunch choices The food was delicious and beautifully served. Staff was very courteous. My guest was pleased and so was I. Will definitely return.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a lively restaurant, with Greek music, lots of conversation, multiple levels are areas to be seated and engaging waiters. Plus the food is excellent. I tried the moussaka, which was great. This is an excellent spot and easy to get to, with lots of parking space. The prices are decent and the helpings are generous. Strangley I did not see Retsina on the wine list, but there are many of the regular European and American wines to choose from.

1  Thank Hunterboeuf