“Fast Service, decent food”
Review of Sushi Fun - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Fun
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed December 13, 2012

For some reason, my friends & I end up here a lot when we're in North York. In the vast world of sushi buffets, this one is above average. They do take orders and bring them out relatively quickly. However, the most recent time we came here, I will have to point out that their cooks are obviously rushing when it gets busy. Not once, but TWICE, we ordered fried chicken that looked cooked on the outside but it was still raw (ie. BLOOD red) on the inside. Food poisoning anyone? Luckily we caught that before anyone swallowed... lol. If anything, go for the sashimi and rolls. And the ginger ice cream...mmmmm!

Bring cash when you eat here as they give a 10% discount on the total if paid in cash!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We've been going to this place occasionally for over 3 years now. The food is great! Sushi is always fresh and the variety of dishes on the menu gives you the option of trying something new every time.
Having said that, the service is below average. The servers are uninterested, rarely crack a smile and take long time to bring something to the table when you ask them. Over the years this place has been consistent with good food and not-so-good service. We know this about Sushi Fun and we do eat there knowing what to expect.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Food was great. The menu offered lots to choose from. Probably the best sushi place I have been to in my three years of being in Toronto. Overall, a great night…

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My daughter has been talking about this restaurant for a while.
For starters this restaurant actually has good tea. Most of the other Japanese restaurant's tea taste like wood.

The portions are a good size.
Everything we had was very tasty.
My girlfriend likes teryaki chicken rolls. This is the first place I actually enjoyed them.
Spicy crab meet rolls, sweet potatoe roll, salmon pizza, and a few other were all very good.
Best thing about these meals is we were stuffed $30 incl. tax + tip.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I would have given this place "very good" but there were a couple of things that disappointed me and brought this restaurant down to 3/5. The pluses: fresh sushi, a lot of variety, very impressed with the flower roll (which we believe was the banana wrapped in cucumber). The minuses: service - was not very friendly (actually felt that our server was slightly annoyed whenever we waved her down); the mango salad was a huge disappointment (a few mango slices - not even cut evenly - with two green pepper slices); and they don't have descriptions on the menu as to what some of the rolls were (hence why we weren't sure if flower roll was referred to the cucumber & banana roll). I might consider coming back here, but wouldn't be the first place I think of (due to the service).