“Bad summer mix”

Hotel Moers Van Der Valk
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Moers
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Take a very hot day & night (not so unusual in Germany though), then take a ground floor room facing public areas, then take a window without mosquito's net, and of course no AC. Now, you can choose if sleep with the window closed and maybe take advantage of the very much needed heavy blanket or try to breath and open your window and room to everybody/everything. The room itself as well as the hotel looked fine but i strongly suggest to avoid this place in spring/summer time. I had a Wiener Schitzel at the restaurant and it was even below the standards I expect of hotel's restaurant which I don't find unforgettable. If you like a sweet breakfast, then again this is not the place for you. No cakes or cookies, no original Nutella, just a very unispiring croissant and low quality marmelade. On the contrary to others though, I found the staff to be kind and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bridgerobe

Reviewed June 4, 2013

stayed here for 4 nights
abrupt check in with no hotel details given, for example
breakfast info.
the customer service leaves a lot to be desired
one nice male receptionist on check out
the staff are aloof and not welcoming
apart from this the hotel is really lovely but dont think i will stay again as i didn't feel welcome

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IrelandSis
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed there couple of days. Surroundings are just great. Huge park with plenty of rabbits. Not far away the center of Moers, but customer service is one of poorest I ever got. On the first day I asked for room breakfast while checking in and I was informed I need to call to the kitchen in the morning to place an order. Next day when I called customer desk I heard there is no such a thing like room breakfast. After few minutes they told me they will not serve me a room breakfast as they would have to charge me for it. I was perfectly fine with an extra charge. After like 40 minutes breakfast arrived. As I am a vegetarian and I specified it over the phone the waiter brought me big tasty plate with a wide choice. Next I called again in the morning and this time.... I was told I should have placed my order day before. Never mind it was same girl I spoke on the phone. After another argument she sent over a waiter with a plate of meat. I called her to take this plate out of my room. I did not want another plate just did not want to have meat in my room. No one ever bothered so I thew it away on the hall. Hotel has really great potential but customer service do not exist there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Krzysztof G
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is our third time we went to this hotel in Moers and we already have booked our next stay. We 2 couples (70+) booked 2 rooms via a Dutch online bookingsite for a very low price, breakfast included. We needed a special room for our friend who moves around in a wheelchair. The large room was very near the reception and has good beds, balcony, toilet (with bars) and a wheelchair/shower-entrance. The elevator-entrance is at the back of the hotel (not so handy) and to use it ,you need the key from the reception. The elevator is not very large and we just managed to get in with the wheelchair. Otherwise you have to use the main-entrance at the front. To enter the hotel-lobby you have to use the staircase or a steep wheelchair-ramp/path. Normally it is ok but to handle and push a wheelchair it is a difficult way. Next to the reception you find a nice lounge-area with 2 cosy fireplaces. Lobby and restaurant are modern decorated in black and white. In summer you can sit outside on the terrace, bikes for rent. Breakfast is excellent. A fine ****hotel, only 28 kilometres from the largest European covered shoppingmail at Oberhausen: CentrO and near Moviepark Germany (theme: film) at Bottrop, the former Warner Brothers Movie World (specially for young kids). The lovely citycenter of Moers is by car only 5-10 minutes drive away from the hotel with several nice places for dinks and to eat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel is in a beautiful location beside a large magnificently treed park through which you may walk into the quiet and pretty town center in about 20 minutes (depending on fitness). I had a lovely restful stay while my partner was on business, and enjoyed the location being so pedestrian friendly and peaceful. It is twenty minutes and €50-€60 by taxi from Dusseldorf airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

i hate having to pay for internet and you have to pay here...plus it's pretty slow. staff were nice, breakfast wasn't great, dinner was OK, rooms were nice, clean and spacious, bathroom was nice and clean. not sure i'd stay again but that's because i don't like paying for WIFI...don't understand why WIFIF cannot be free

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank early30_irish_male
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was there in 2007. It is a nice looking hotel, good restaurant but not really friendly reception girls. I didn't get one of my t-shirts from the laundry and they claimed it had not been given for wash (which is not true). I don't know how shower rooms look like in other rooms, but mine looked pretty old, I hope they renewed it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank olga787687
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moers
Wellings Romantik Hotel zur Linde
Mercure Hotel Krefeld
Mercure Hotel Krefeld
#3 of 16 in Krefeld
Mercure Hotel Duisburg City

Been to Hotel Moers Van Der Valk? Share your experiences!