“Beautiful, comfortable, but mostly poor service”

Hotel Moers Van Der Valk
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Moers
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This looks like an odd hotel/motel from the outside so I didn't have high hopes. Once inside I was genuinely surprised. I loved the decor, and there were lots of different places to spend time downstairs in the main area of the hotel. The bar was great and was the service highlight with a really friendly and generous bartender/girl. The bedroom was spotless, the bathroom great - and the bedding and beds were fab too.

The absolute low spot was the food and the service in the evening. We were left for almost an hour overall between the courses and to be honest the food was mediocre. Breakfast, however, was great but that was a buffet style and there was a good choice.

It was my birthday weekend and I am returning there from the UK in a week from writing this review so the highs have outstripped the lows. I just wish the waiting and reception staff were better and more proud of their workplace because the owners, the bar staff, and housekeeping obviously are and it shows.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I went in the end of March. There is nothing at all that you can do in the immediate surrounding of this hotel. We recommend a walk arround the park there. (quite big) but that is about it.
The service in this hotel was horrible. At the check in we asked for some directions. The women gave us a bunch of papers with no valueble information. When we asked if we could use the internet. She told me very bold that it would cost us 5€ an hour. When we asked for directions, she told me she doesnt know. Second day we asked again, with an other receptionist. She told us the same. The breakfast was allright... Lunch and dinner we have skipped for we have read many bad comments about it. The bad part is.. there is nothing decent to eat in the surrounding area. So you will have to Oberhausen to get a decent meal. We will never go there again.

Room Tip: If you do get a room there, get a room on the park side of the hotel. The front side is near the hig...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

bedding was terrible, I wouldn't go back I'd rather drive to dusseldorf and stay there.

hotel room was average,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Checked in with very inhospitable reception person (that was also there next morning)...
There is no fitness center or leisure activities on site as stipulated on website.
Restaurant food is of very low quality as well as breakfast food.
Wifi works very badly and when one asks the reception desk they "can not" provide help, do not know anything about it (1st time I hear this in my many business travels).
Room smelled like cigarette (even though I asked for non smoking) as well as other smells I rather not describe and leave to your imagination...
Cleanliness definitely an issue.
Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Start by not staying here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Mario V
Reviewed October 1, 2011

On arrival they had not received our Booking.com reservations!!! The staff were very efficient and allocated us rooms - in my case a was given a lovely suite (for the same price as my booking for a comfort room). This was lovely - super lounge/dining room area, Really comfy bed and well laid out bedroom. My favourite bit was the lovely art work on the walls - Monroe and Bardot! Excellent choice for breakfast. The hotel has obviously been renovated fairly recently and it is very stylish.
The staff were brilliant - no fuss was made that they hadn't received the booking and our rooms were soon allocated which was appreciated after a long drive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Visited two wonderful moated castles and the Fantastic and Enjoyable New Enormous Retail park at CentrO, Oberhausen, whilst having a great time at the Van der Valk Hotel Moers.
had the two night Romantic Break, 4 course candle lit dinner on night one and 3 course buffet night two. Room great, bathroom great, staff all excellent and friendly on reception, at dinner and breakfast. Food all great. Dining room and bar area all lovely. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David363
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Rooms are modern, bathrooms are very nice and there is a decent size tub to have a bath.
Food in the restaurant is ok...the steak was good.

The cakes available everyday were incredible. Fresh and light choices of cakes and pastry.

Service outstanding. Staff at the front go out of there way to help you. The button on my jacket came loose. They fixed it in 10 mins ... No charge.

Place is out of the way from Dusseldorf but If you have a car you are fine.

Best thing was a drink by the fireplace in the lobby at night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moers
Wellings Parkhotel
See Park Janssen
See Park Janssen
#1 of 1 in Geldern
Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof

Been to Hotel Moers Van Der Valk? Share your experiences!