“Large, Comfortable & Clean Zimmer”
Review of Hotel Otterbach

Hotel Otterbach
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bietigheim
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed three nights in the new section of the hotel and we're impressed with the comfort of the room. Very large bathroom with shower over the bath. Hand basin only had cold water?? Twin king single beds to make King sized bed with sooner and Down pillows. Fully adjustable blinds (electric) with opening outside door for those who prefer fresh air. Air cond quiet & efficient. Mini bar & Safe included. Free Wi-Fi with good signal strength. Excellent breakfast included.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I like to stay in this hotel, and every time I come back to Bietigheim-Bissingen, that would be my first choice.
Very clean, great service, and very nice breakfast.
They do run a nice restaurant as well, with most delicious menu.

Recently they renovated some rooms, so you might ask for a rooms in new part, these are much better. Mostly spacious, modern.
As for german standards, with access to internet, I must say, that this hotel has a most easy and not annoying one.

Hotel is very busy: you have to book in advance, and sometimes you need to be lucky to get a room there.
Is a bit frustrating also sometimes, to find a good parking spot, althought I think they do have a parking lot behind the hotel, I was always trying to park as close as possible to entrance. Maybe that was a problem:-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in renovated part, or in recently builded. Try to choose room as far as possible from...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Each time I am in that hotel it is for business.
Room are big and clean as well as the bathroom.
Restaurant for diner and breakfast are excellent.
I never have time to see the surronding or when I run it is dark!
It is 20 min walking distance from inner city Bietigheim.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with some colleagues whilst working with Porsche in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, and had such a mixed experience.

There are two buildings separated by a relatively quiet road, the reception and what I presume are the nicer rooms are located on one side, and the grottier rooms and restaurant on the other.

My room was a pretty grim double. It was very dated, and although I'm sure it was clean you just couldn't help but feel it was a bit grubby. The bathroom was in need of an update but was generally fine. My colleagues both ended up with single rooms which were equally grotty - curtains that consisted of a small piece of opaque material hanging over a small portion of the window, and a hideous 1970's tiny bathroom with just a shower.

The worst thing for me, however, was the stench of cigarettes. The rooms are non-smoking, and I understand that the hotel can't control what people do in their rooms, but the corridor and then my room would reek of cigarettes at certain times of the day.

In their defence, the hotel are in the process of renovating, so I'm sure in a year or so when they're finished it will be fine again. But right now it's just tired and smelly.

On the upside, the staff were lovely and really helpful, there's a sauna that you can use if you give them half and hours notice to warm it up, the wifi was free and reliable and the breakfast was the best continental selection I've had in a long while.

The restaurant's food was consistently good (we ate there twice) however the service was not. On our first evening the waiter was helpful but pushy, and tried to keep the change from our bill, which was way more than 10%, without even offering it back. The next evening we had a few drinks in the bar, and when we tried to order one last round at 10:30 the (same) waiter told us that they closed at 11 so he couldn't serve us anymore drinks and we would have to go across the road and ask reception for them. He stuck to his guns when tried to point out how ridiculous this was, but eventually barked our order at the poor girl behind the bar and proceeded to serve us our last round in a right strop.

We had a VIP guest joining us for our last evening there, and were booked into the hotel restaurant for ease, so I flagged our bar experience to the reception staff that morning. Lo and behold the service that evening was exquisite! The food, as always, was fantastic, the waitress who served us was knowledgable and entertaining and the grumpy waiter even managed to crack a smile (although it wasn't hard to sense his hatred for us!)

All in all a really mixed experience but I would give this hotel the benefit of the doubt and stay there again, just making sure that I was on the reception side of the road!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Hotel Otterbach is divided in a main building and a new building, the main building is now under renovation and if the style will be the same as the new building it will be nice. I had a single room on the top floor, it had already been renovated, nice bathroom, very clean. Enough space in the bedroom only in my eyes the bed was a bit small, i know it is a single room but still I would prefer a bed that is a bit bigger. Nice desk, flatscreen tv and free wifi. Everything ok, everything apart from the lights inside the room, these where very bright, not a real cosy atmosphere. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant, normally I would go out, but around the hotel there is not much action so decided to eat in. Had a very good meal, with a nice german beer, also at a very reasonable price. The breakfast in the morning was included in my room rate. It was very good, a lot of choices, no complaints there. Would I go back? Yes I guess so all in all it was a good experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occations for business, and tried both the old and new rooms. All the rooms are ok clean, but if you are looking forward to sleeping in the dark without the streetlight bothring you, then this is not the hotel. All the rooms are only equipped with the "diffuser" curtains, and not proper black curtains where you can block out all the light.

Resturant is fine, and staff are very nice. Wifi is free, but not so fast, and there are not reception in all the rooms.
However, the value for money is good for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

...there are two parts to this hotel, an older part which is above a decent restaurant and a newer part across the street. I was put in the old part for nearly 2 weeks. I cannot comment on the newer rooms but what let my room down was that it was tiny, (an old fashioned CRT TV didnt help on space either) and noisy with the window open. It is on a busy main road and beyond that there is a rail yard therefore expect noise well into the night. If you close the window then the room heats up rapidly as there is no ventilation but it does cut the noise. There is an aircon unit above the bed but its all or nothing and not ideal if you want some sleep. The decor was tired and the sink drain smelled bad in my room. On the more positive side, the rooms are kept clean, the bed was quite comfy and the breakfast good. The restaurant as mentioned offers excellent food but ain't cheap. There is the old town if you dont mind a bit of a walk, otherwise not much else unless you drive. A garage next door for provisions and a supermarket 100yards down the road. My company puts a lot of customers and employees in here. I would expect better for the money to be honest.

Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bietigheim
1 mi away
Zum Ochsen
#4 of 4 in Bietigheim
Romantik Hotel Friedrich von Schiller
Eberhards Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Hotel Otterbach? Share your experiences!