“A pleasant stay”
Review of Dan's Creek Hotel

Dan's Creek Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port-Salut
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a great time at Dan's Creek. The hotel is serene, conveniently located, clean, well maintained, staff was friendly and attentive, the food was great, and the best part about the hotel was that it has a pool as well as a beautiful beach. There was lots of room for lounging and relaxing, with great views of the waterfront.

The rooms with single beds were small...fine for a couple sleeping in the same bed (who presumably won't mind things a bit snug) but not for adult non-couples. For a bit more money, we upgraded to a nice sized suite which had double beds and plenty of space. I would recommend checking the room to ensure you are happy that it will suits your needs.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GradSchoolLass

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time in Port Salut, thus there was a misfortune event that took place at the public beach which cut our stay short:(:(:( (please be aware of what you eat outside the hotel), the staff and owner at Dan's Creek went above and beyond. They really value their guests by over extended themselves to make sure our stay there meet our expectations. The hotel itself is small but the amenities are of quality; the restaurant and lounge are well manicured with beautiful decor with an island vibe. The beach is splendid, the ocean by far is the best we've been to... It feels like we were in our own private beach. We would definitely go back to Dan's Creek, thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great time! the room #1 is pretty small but the view is great and the hotel is very nice! but could be much better with some little arrangements such as table light by the bed and the buffet is not that amazing for the price... All in one, it is a very nice place to stay in Port Salut!

Room Tip: Room #1 is pretty small but the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Innocent20
This was my first trip to Port-Salut and did not know what to expect. I had an amazing experience staying at Dan's Creek Hotel. They have a terrific staff, beautiful clean room and I feel like I was in my private beach. I loved it

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the beach on the east side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ernso
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent three days at Dan's Creek Hotel. Without exception, all of the staff were awesome. They maintained a clean and friendly environment, served wonderful food, and accommodated our family very nicely. Daniel was very friendly and helped us get some lifejackets to go snorkeling. The staff made a special trip into town (I think about a 90 minute ride one way) to get my kids some burgers - a really nice touch. They loved them. Paul the Chief shared with us his Passion Fruit ice cream recipe, which was delicious. Obviously our time there was very relaxing and we had lots of little nooks and comfortable places to read, play games, and just relax. Thanks so much for a great stay at Dan's Creek!! We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MattLuginbuhl
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Dan's Creek is a beautiful location and the grounds are terrific. The restaurant and outdoor lounge area is just wonderful. Staff at all levels are friendly and responsive. The food quite good and plentiful in the buffet. There is lots to love at Dan's Creek.

There are a few reasons to not love. The room I was given was on the ground floor. It was very musty smelling. The window treatments in the bathroom were covered in mildew. This despite the fact that the room contained a rather large and loud dehumidifier. The furniture was uncomfortable for sitting. The wifi in from the hotel did not reach this room nor did cell service. I had to go outside to call home. I was part of a large group and others had rooms that they described as perfect. So, Dan's Creek can do rooms right. I just didn't get one the right ones.

The power went off twice during the 18 hours I stayed at the hotel, for about an hour to an hour and half each time. It seems that Dan's Creek does not have a generator back up for the rooms I'm in. This is not unusual for Haiti, but higher end places usually have back up generators.

As I said before, Dan's Creek has lots of positives but some serious downsides. I suggest doing a walk through of your room before accepting it.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor or bottom rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank jmbrink
ksim0872, Manager at Dan's Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Because of this mission is why we have 2 backup generators so we can provide power at all times for our guests. That particular day is when we were having a issue with a breaker and the electricity was down as maintenance was working on it. This is a very rare occurrence but we do apologize for the inconvenience that caused for you. We have also addressed the cleanliness issue in that specific room and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.

If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Been there twice already and both times I had a good experience. Good service, good location an good food. Some will say it's expensive but consider that dinner and breakfast are included, I think it's great. Love this place and will definitely go back, especially for that poisson gros sel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 240fab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-Salut
Abaka Bay Resort
Hotel Kabic Beach Club
Auberge du Rayon Vert
Auberge du Rayon Vert
#1 of 4 in Port-Salut

Been to Dan's Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!