Booked Temple Spa as a birthday treat for a friend. However, on reading the negative reviews and learning that the place was in receivership, we were apprehensive about going. I'm happy to report that Temple is still as chilled out and comfortable as it was on my two previous visits. Yes, there is a 'For Sale' sign at the entrance - which is sad more than anything - there are fewer free classes (like yoga) and there is less of a 'buzz' around the treatment areas (understandable as massages, etc, are such good value on sites such as Groupon). But chilling out in the vitality pool area, with its steam/sauna rooms and loungers is a lovely, lazy way to pass an afternoon.
I can't understand anyone complaining about the lack of tea/coffee making facilities and TV's in their rooms. You can request a TV and there is an endless, free supply of Temple Spa water. It's a spa destination - not a hotel with a spa facility.
Overall, I would recommend Temple for a quiet, relaxing break. Rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, cosy and quiet - with amazingly comfortable beds. The staff we met were really friendly and the food was superb (although dinner is a tad expensive at €38 for three courses).
If you're looking for nightlife and lots of activities, this is not for you. If you want a peaceful escape - somewhere to recharge your batteries - you could do a lot worse.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Temple Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Country Retreat And Spa
- Temple Country Retreat Hotel Moate
- Temple Country Retreat Moate
- Temple Lodge & Spa Ireland/Moate