“Great Christmas weekend...”

Wellness Hotel Borovica
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Strbske Pleso
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. I am not sure what the previous review is reviewing. I saw nothing he mentioned in his review. The staff are top notch, everyone spoke English. ALL the saunas were working and there are plenty to choose from. The room was perfect for the two of us. All of the food was amazing. It isn't a long walk from town...and there is plenty of parking. The massage was great and cheap...my only complaint...the jacuzzi on the roof top...64 euros for 20 minutes is a bit pricey...but it was Christmas and turned out to be a perfect ending to a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Do not believe photos on their website. They are simply misleading, except of exterior of the hotel and a lobby. At the time of our visit half of welness has not been working. Moreover there were quite large spots of mold on the walls of welness centre and it did look very good.
the rest was a 4 star standard. You can get better deal for your money elsewhere.

PROS: Good food, Nice location, nice exterior, remote location (depends if this is pro or con ), fitness centre quite good

CONS: Long walk to Strbske pleso, Welness centre is dirty (BIG Problem), overcrowded parking,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 161Globetrotter2011
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in this hotel several times nad I decided to write the review just because I found some inadequate critical one.Atmosphere,cuisine and service are the strongest atributes of this hotel.
I stayed in many top hotels in the world E.g. Marriot Marquise in NY,Crown Plaza in Istanbul,Kempinski in Budapest and other 4* hotels in Copenhagen,Goteborg,Vancouver,Marakesh,Lisabon,Athens or Riga.I guess I have experience to compare.Hotel Borovica is at the same level as mentioned above.If you want to spent very pleasant time in High Tatras,forget about Kempinski at Strbske Pleso(I also stayed there) and choose Borovica.You wil not be dissapointed.
Looking forward to another stay in Borovica with my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Its a very nice hotel with friendly and professional staff. The location should be better, but its OK. I reccomend the Spa, restaurant and the Wine bar with lot of Wines. The standart rooms are not big, but very clean and nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cyro17
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here over the winter as part of a skiing trip to the High Tatra's. The Borovica Hotel was very welcoming and aesthetically pleasing upon arrival. The "feel" of the hotel is what one would associate to a hotel in such beautiful surroundings.

The room was equally as good; spacious, comfortable & clean. We had a balcony overlooking the forest which was majestic when dusk came and the snow was falling. One thing to highlight was the large shower, making for a very enjoyable, relaxing shower (it had standard, rain and powerful options) after a day's skiing.

The wellness area was lovely. There were several sauna's (with outside plunge pool), jacuzzi, and swimming pool. I did feel that the swimming pool was a little bit cold though.

We were full board and so ate at the hotel. The food was delicious; good options that were prepared well and were able to make me feel full.

The hotel is not directly on the slope but the hotels free transfer minibus mitigated the concerns we had.

All in all, we had a lovely time and plan to go back. I'd full recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StevenTA
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Wellness hotel Borovica is such a wonderful place. I was there already 3
times and I've been always satisfied. I love the cozy atmosphere of the hotel.
Staff was very polite and helpful. Room was comfortable and had a nice balcony. Food in the hotel restaurant was excellent! I liked wide choice of food at buffet breakfast. Wellness center was marvelous. Amazing pool. I tried hot stone massage and it was interesting experience for me. Fitness center was big enough with plenty of sport facilities. There was also climbing wall! I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank dominique70
Reviewed August 22, 2011

After many experience- all hotel categories over the world- we can recomand this hotel .
Check-in: good service, (arrive 1:30 p.m.), all information they had in hotel system, parking is in near place, under CCTV control.
Gastronomy - absolutelly OK for this hotel category!
Breakfast: 3 stages there, one hot with typical hotel bufet menu, eggs, ham, suasage. Second with ham, cheese,fruits,vegetables, local cheeses&sausage , third with bread/rolls, mussli, sweet cakes etc. They have baby chair for our 2 old year son, quickly.
Room: very new designed, quality materials. We were in room with fireplace, call to reception and some man bring woof, prepared for very romantic time.
Check-out:very quickly, lady at reception has a sharp invoice, no problem pamyent via card.
The wellness there was great, we were there 2 times absolutelly alone, nice! :-) Many saunas and interesting procedures. I had a honey massage, really great, staff very friendly. Jazzuci on the roof - great place, excellent view to mountains, BUT 60 EUR per hour its VERY BAD JOKE!
Children club there is very nice, large, great idea!
English lounge - leather chairs, fireplace, I tested staff and ask for cigars equipment, all was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family