I'm so glad that I stayed in this hotel. There are quite a number of hotels and apartments near the TEZ train station and the main lake, Strbske Pleso but this hotel stands out because of the :
(1) Location – hotel is in a very private spot on its own yet only 8 to 10 minutes on foot to the TEZ station. Very gorgeous setting with a beautiful view of the smaller lake, Novy Strbske Pleso (which I find far more idyllic than the main lake)
(2) Value for money – I opted for a room rate which includes half board (43 Euros) - a very generous buffet spread of breakfast and dinner. It’s not gourmet food but most of the items are good and tasty enough for me. Just be sure to arrive early during meal times as some popular items run out quite quickly. I don’t think you can find any other similar accommodation in this area that offers so much value for what you pay
(3) Cleanliness and Comfort – room and common areas are kept very clean and tidy. Lobby area, restaurant and other common areas seem to be newly renovated so everything looks new and modern. The room itself is not new though – quite plain-looking and furnishings are basic. There’s a small safe in the room and hair dryer can be obtained from the reception. There’s no minibar and shower stall and toilet are not in the same enclosure (separate cubicles in the room). These are minor issues considering that the room is spacious, clean, comfortable and best of all, I was given a room on a high floor which offers partial window view of the small lake and mountains (exactly what I asked for in my booking request)! One aspect which I didn't like though is that there's no shower curtain for the bathtub so it's easy to wet the floor if you take a shower.
(4) Service – daily housekeeping is provided. Reception staff speaks limited English but are helpful and friendly so I think this is far more important than having staff with good English language skills but are cold, curt and unhelpful
My last word of advice - if a modern, stylish room interior is what you’re looking for, then this hotel will not be suitable for you
So what are you waiting for?!? Enjoy your stay : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in attractive surroundings next to Nové Štrbské Pleso in the territory of TANAP (Tatra National Park). Štrbské Pleso is a popular tourist and recreational centre of the High Tatras. In the summer season, a variety of marked hiking trails for hikes into the surrounding valleys with beautiful lakes, to Podbanské, Kriváň, Poprad mountain lake, Rysy are used. You can find here also favourable conditions for tracking, nordic walking, hiking with mountain guide, mountaineering and rock climbing, mountain biking. In the winter season, Štrbské Pleso is one of the most visited ski resorts in the High Tatras. Chairlifts, ski lifts, cross-country skiing trails, night skiing, snowboarding, riding snowmobiles, skijörning wait for you. WELLNESS WORLD OF REGENERATION AND RELAX centre: stainless steel pools, water jets, whirlpool massages, Finnish sauna, steam sauna, cooling pool, various types of massages and relaxation wraps fitness centre billiards and table tennis kid's corner sports equipment rental multifunctional playground (tennis, volleyball, football) social events, congresses, training ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel SOREA TRIGAN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.