“Hidden Gem Near Margaret River”
Review of Karriview Lodge

Karriview Lodge
Perth
“Hidden Gem Near Margaret River”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

For a 4.5 hotel, Karriview Lodge is fantastic. Staff are friendly and accommodating.

Upon arrival, they served us with cake and coffee. Even my toddler was served with yummy cake and a baby chino.

Chelsea,
The accommodating admin and (Cameron Diaz's look alike :) ) assisted us and let us choose our preferred room as we have a little mate. Olive's 2 is great since we have a loud toddler. It has a private balcony facing Karri trees and large enough for us 3 though it didn't have a spa bath in it (I love spa bath). The toilet's is not that good and the floor looks like vinyl. Unlike other 4.5 accommodations, it doesn't have robes or slippers or lovely smelling toiletries. The room itself is very much different like you are really on a retreat! The room looks clean too. It's only the toilet that I don't like. The main door is directly facing the olive trees and is almost at the golf course. The view is very relaxing and very green. I have found a spider on my pillow cos it is situated near the forest. Also, one thing I hate is that on the second day, somebody occupied the next room and gosh they were noisy! Like there is somebody walking on the roof or something. I don't know if it was the occupant or the way the room was built adds up to the noise they make.

The restaurant has a fantastic view and the chef and his staff are very friendly. Good food indeed! Breakfast is continental. I am just surprised that they offer very limited options for the buffet and you've got to pay for your eggs! First time that I have encountered such. We had lunch outside as
we explore the other parts of the region. For dinner, the firewood pizza is my favourite soo yum! And the canapés most of all the chicken liver parfait, I could eat those alone! The salmon and lamb chops were all good too! The chef made my toddler's favourite neopolitana.

The chef is friendly and his staff were good too! I am happy that when I arrived the restaurant on our last day, our table was all set and with a high chair.

All in all, Karriview is a good place to stay. Nice place, good food, good staff and most of all child friendly (even though they don't provide cot, you have to bring your own). Will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Beautiful drive towards Margaret River with the towering Kauri and Pepermint gum trees..For us it was awesome to be out in nature once again..so loved looking at all the trees and listening to the Maggies warbling, the Kooka's laughing and the Parrots screeching...at night we slept listening to rain on the tin roof..love mother nature and Karriview lodge is full of it with cascading dams, a cricket playing area, life size chessboard and tennis court...The resturant had gorgeous views and fabulous food, and catering for me being vegetarian...all the staff were more than helpful and accomodating...Our king size bed was very comfortable, the room size was large that also had 2 large armchairs with ottomans and our own balcony overlooking the trees. And its only 10kms from the town centre of Margaret River....and so close to all the wineries and attractions...we will be back!!

Room Tip: We had the upstairs Lodge wing Rm 2. Stock up in town if staying for awhile.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

No one at reception when we arrived; room was not adequately cleaned - leaves and dead insects on carpet; mid stay cleaners left dirty dishes in the sink; not a polite farewell when we left

Lovely location though

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AusCaitlin
Dookie
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I don't normally write negative reviews but ... We stayed for 2 nights after purchasing a deal through Luxury Escapes. Even at the reduced price we felt it was overpriced, and far from luxurious. We had a room in the Grosvenor Wing. If you like "old world charm" then this may appeal. To us it was very dated and well overdue for a facelift. Being so old, the bathroom felt dirty. The toilet was in such a tiny space between the vanity and spa bath that my husband's knees touched the side of the bath when he sat on the toilet and he is only 5'10". The spa bath had a wobbly wooden step to get into the "shower-over-bath" arrangement. If you are not an agile person this would be awkward and unsafe. The occupant next door used the spa bath and it was so loud we initially wondered if there were workmen using jackhammers. Our room was "made up" after the first night. The face washer was the only item I left in the bottom of the bath to be replaced but was still there when we returned. The tea cups were rinsed in the ensuite handbasin and left to drip dry in a puddle of water on the wooden vanity unit. To extract some positives ... The grounds are well maintained and very tranquil. The staff were enthusiastic and friendly.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenny S
karriview, General Manager at Karriview Lodge, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your review. I do apologies sincerely in regards to your 'disappointing' stay here at Karriview Lodge. I am glad you noted that the Lodge has an old style charm as that is one thing we adore here at Karriview. I am sorry you felt as though the bathroom was dirty however I can assure you it was not. I will look into the wooden step situation and ensure there is a suitable alternative made. I have spoken to the cleaners and I apologies on their behalf for not completing a mid stay clean correctly. I can assure you that if you stay again I will ensure your stay exceeds all of your expectations.
I wish you all the best in your travels.
Karriview
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The lodge and gardens look great and the surrounding are is beautiful but that is all of the positive things I can say.

On arrival there wasn't anyone at reception and after five minutes we went inside to the restaurant to ask for help we were ignored by two staff and after another five minutes we walked back to the reception to be greeted by a friendly gentleman and then the young lady who checked us in. She seemed uninterested and rushed through the check in process and took us to our room. As part of our package we were meant to have wine an canapés on arrival which we didn't get but were told coffee and cake was available. We were meant to be given vouchers to a day spa the local berry farm and chocolate factory which were also not given, we went to the reception on three occasions to find it unattended and then we just gave up.
At breakfast again waiting to be served while two staff members stood behind the counter we asked for eggs to be cooked but were told no as the chef had no eggs to cook although they are on the menu.
Our room looked vintage and was nice to look at, only one of the main lights worked and the entry light and one lamp there was no shower curtain and the spa bath in our room did not work the best part of the room was the bed which was very comfortable.
Also after a day out and about we came back to our room to find it wasn't cleaned. Rubbish in the bins from night before was still there, I think they just pulled up the bed.
It looks like a great place and has potential but the service is lacking and we wouldn't come back again as we have had better service in other places in the region which is a shame as it is in a great location with wonderful views.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarmenMichele
Dear Karmen,

Thank you for review. I have noted all your comments and will ensure all are dealt with appropriately.

Apologies in regards to the confusion of the canapes on arrival, they should have been served at 5:00pm on the deck, this gives all check in guests enough time to freshen up, coffee and cake is served on arrival. In regards to the chocolate factory and berry farm, there are not specific vouchers we actually give out to guests, I apologies for the poor wording on websites I have ensured this has been corrected.
I have spoken to the cleaners and also will ensure your mid stay cleans are carried out correctly next time.

I do hope you consider Karriview Lodge next time you are in Margaret River, I will take it upon myself to ensure your stay exceeds all expectations.

Kind regards,
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Karriview Lodge is nestled in a serene forest setting. The gardens are spectacular and the views are just outstanding. The restaurant is reminiscent of a log cabin and although we went in the summer I suspect the Lodge would be lovely and cosy in the winter too.

The staff are the biggest asset and management should be very appreciative of such a professional team. The delightful Chelsea is the first person who will greet you and goes out of her way to be helpful - nothing is too much trouble for her. Jay is the new Manager and makes everyone feel so welcome as does the Chef and his team who prepare delicious meals mostly from home produce so definitely worth eating at the K restaurant!

Karriview Lodge is just a 10 minute drive to the town and near enough to the many attractions that surround Margaret River.

Give Hugo the Labrador a pat - he loves a scratch on his chest as he rolls over.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the deluxe rooms which are large and have great views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ardentaussie
salford greater manchester.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

From driving into the property I felt relaxed and the whole surroundings were stunning.it was out of season and the restaurant was shut but we didn't mind they supplied a lovely breakfast in the morning and Margaret river wasn't far away so we were out most of the day.our room was huge and very comfortable and the varander outside the door had lovely views.We would drive out of a morning passing the field of cows and on our return it would be a field of kangaroos.loved it.

Room Tip: Going out of season gives you more choices of rooms as I,,m sure if you weren't happy with anyth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowaramup
Grand Mercure Basildene Manor
#5 of 20 in Margaret River
Margaret River Bed & Breakfast
Margaret River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 20 in Margaret River

Been to Karriview Lodge? Share your experiences!