“Not a good choice. Stay elsewhere”
Review of Karriview Lodge

Karriview Lodge
Perth, Australia
“Not a good choice. Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very nice setting. Very old run down rooms with poor facilities and not particularly welcoming staff. Resturaunt closed, limited cooking facilities in rooms and no plates etc. Very bright lights shone into room at night. Much better places to stay in Margaret River area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pollydoodle
Daniel P, General Manager at Karriview Lodge, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
My partner and I have recently come on board as the managers of the property, she is a world class chef and is making sure the restaurant is open at all times.

Unfortunately during the course of your stay the previous managers had walked out abruptly on the property, which left everything in disarray for the last few months.

It is very unfortunate that this particular situation was handled this way and we do apologize.

I have scrutinized every aspect of your review and made it applicable to the changes we are making, so far so good.
We have heard nothing but amazing comments and we hope to keep up this trend.

If you would ever consider making a return to Karriview Lodge, please contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay with us will be a memorable one.

If you wouldn't also mind telling me which room you were staying in so I can address the issue with the garden light.

Yours Faithfully,

Daniel Page

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
perth
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My girlfriend and i recently had 3 nights at Karriview Lodge.
A beautiful Estate, with lovely views and plenty of room to roam, but for the three nights we stayed the restauraunt was closed and we really didnt feel like driving into town to eat dinner every night, and especially after a wine tour!!!!, we stayed in the forest view 2, a huge room, and an absolute waste of space, yes the spa was nice, but we had a microwave and a sink!!! no plates no bowls, tho we did get 2 knifes and forks. I will mention no bbq facilities wich was also dissapointing
so all in all very dissapointing and for the price per night wich i won't mention not alot for your dollar.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank johnosmav
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at Karriview Lodge. We were accommodated in the "Esther" suite, a large studio type room with a balcony and attractive views of the trees.
Staff were welcoming and helpful during our stay. Unfortunately the restaurant was not open during the time we were there and, although the room had a microwave for cooking, there were no cooking utensils or bowls provided. Also insufficient cutlery and crockery and no tea towel. A limited continental breakfast basket was delivered each morning at differing times. On our second day, the room was not serviced and tea and coffee not replenished.
While the property has a lovely setting and the room was comfortable (very comfortable bed), we feel that there are a number of issues that require attention before it can truly claim to be a four star venue.

Room Tip: Accommodation is available in the main lodge and in free standing suites, some a distance from the l...
1 Thank Jomax100
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I purchased a Cudo voucher for a two night stay for my husband and I at Karriview Lodge and couldn't wait to get there. Upon arrival we were checked in - all okay there and shown to our room, which I believe was the Harry Padman 2. From there on it was all downhill! We were informed that the restaurant was closed for the days that we would be there, which was something we had not been andvised of beforehand. The room was most uninviting and totally lacking in any semblance of ambience with cheap furnishings, a balcony shared by three other rooms, a bathroom door which didn't close and the whole place smelling of disinfectant. On the plus side, however, we did receive a complimentary bottle of wine and my diet remained securely intact as the platter we received upon arrival consisted only of 1 piece of rolled up mortadella, a few diminutive slices of cheese and mini toasts, a tiny container of dip and 2 or 3 pickled veges, all presented on a small dinner plate. The 'continetal' breakfast, which was delivered to our door in the morning still failed to compromise my carefully maintained diet with it's meagre contents. On day 2 we packed our bags and checked out early without staying for the other night I had paid for. No questions were asked as to how our stay had been and an "okay, no problems" response was received from the yourng receptionist to whom I handed the keys. Such a shame as the location and grounds are quite loveley and their advertising looked and sounded first class. Perhaps it was the fact that I had purchased the stay through Cudo that we received this second class package?

Room Tip: See a photo of the actual room you will be staying in and not just that of best rooms used for adver...
2 Thank Coril B
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Karriview Lodge for 3 nights in October.

We stayed in the Evelyn suite which was fantastic. Zoe and her staff made the stay a wonderful experience - the weather was fantastic and the grounds provide a true Margaret River experience.

Room Tip: Evelyn suite was great
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at karriview recently for 2 nights from a cudo voucher. Upon arrival to reception the receptionist was not overly friendly and left us while she showed other people to there rooms, after a short time Sarah greeted us and showed us to our room "Evelyn suite", first impressions were good with a large room but unfortunately the room had old carpet not over clean and the room got no sun so was quite dark and cold. We had no soap and after using the toilet could not wash my hands and was a nightmare to ask and eventually delivered to our room, 1 bar only for shower, bath and hands?? The shower head blew off so wasn't enjoyable but did enjoy a nice spa big enough for 2. The grounds were lovely we played tennis and had a nice walk. Breakfast was average nothing exciting, but adequate. We didn't sleep well as the garden lights shine through the main door glass, so second night we hung a blanket. Our room was serviced on the second morning - bed made and fresh towels but didn't empty rubbish or top up supplies. The room has no digital tv only gwn which is bad reception and no win tv, no DVD or stereo or info in room on surrounds or lodge itself. Sarah in reception was lovely but other staff not happy and hard to find. If it wasn't for the cudo voucher I would have been very upset paying full price and unfortuately is a great location but needs some revamping and dedicated staff to lift it. With so much competition in the area I would not stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank Frequentoztravellers
Perth
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I purchased a Cudo voucher and was looking forward to spending my birthday weekend at Karriview Lodge. Up to the seeing of our room I was happy with the staff and the professional attitude they had. But I have to agree with a few of the other comments made previously.

We were shown to our room (Governor’s Wing) - when asking where the spa was I was informed in the bathroom - little did we realise it was the size of a standard bath with four jets in it - not really a relaxing getaway for two. You would also need to be very short to enjoy the shower - I'm not a tall person by any means I had to squat to wash my hair. Also a word of warning if you receive this room - the step into the bath is very very slippery! Ialso found the towels are not refreshed every day - our floor towel (which was dripping wet as there is no shower screen/curtain) was rerolled and put on the step into the bath - I was a little surprised when I went to put it on the floor the next morning to find it still dripping wet!

Karriview is also one of the noisiest rooms I have ever stayed in - the room located above us provided us with a variety (and definitely not limited to!!) of noises from footsteps through to the running water whenever shower or toilet was used. The staircase located outside of our room also provided a fair bit of noise. I have to say little sleep was to be had over the planned relaxing weekend and I looked forward to returning home to get a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was adequate - service not that great - we were offered the menu for a cooked breakfast with the promise they would come and take our order - in the end I went in search of a staff member to take our order and then the staff were confused as to whether our order had been taken or not. The second morning we opted to not order and stick with the continental provided with the room.

The setting and location of this lodge are the biggest items going for it from my opinion of my stay. The view from the rooms is beautiful and the walking trails lovely. Located in close proximity to the attractions of wineries and Margaret River township was the saving grace for this property. I would be in two minds to recommend this lodge to my friends and if I hadn't of received the rate through the Cudo voucher I would have been even more disappointment to have paid full rate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hefty7au
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowaramup
Grand Mercure Basildene Manor
#5 of 20 in Margaret River
Margaret River Bed & Breakfast
Margaret River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 20 in Margaret River

Been to Karriview Lodge? Share your experiences!