“Shocking”

Vasse Felix Winery
Book In Advance
$193.45*
and up
Vasse Felix: Behind-the-Scenes Winery Tour and Wine Tasting Experience...
$36.27*
Perth, Western Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Shocking”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very disappointed when we had to get up and leave a lunch at Vasse Felix today. Looking at the menu, there were only 5 items to choose from on the menu. When I asked if a substitution could be made for the mushrooms with the sirloin, the waiter had to check with the chef. Upon his return, I was told that 'possibly' he could substitute celeriac with the mushrooms. Well could he, or couldn't he??? After that we were told that the sirloin could only be cooked medium rare and no more. OK, that brings it to 4 choices. The duck is also not cooked through completely apparently, so now we're down to 3 choices. Sounds like Chef may be a bit temperamental? A bit precious? Isn't this a SERVICE industry??? Got up out of our seats, went down the road to Duckstein and had an AMAZING meal with honest, down to earth service. Probably was half the price as well. Never again, VF and BTW, get yourself some 'real' waiters - cut out the ponces!

Visited October 2013

Singapore, Singapore
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Combination of good wine, great space and nice art.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I guess my title says it all.

Nice walk into the tasting area. Some sculptors along the way. Nice drive in - driving by the vines.

Wine - I didn't like the whites. I didn't try the red but my hubby says they are beautiful. He had to buy some. I had to stop him at 2. We bought enough wine before this stop. Can't bring back so many.

Shame that we did not try the food. Was in a rush.

There was an art gallery at the location. My boy was happy running around and taking photo with the bronze kangeroo.

Wonderful experience I must say.

Vasse Felix! We will be back!!

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful grounds. tasty food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Lunch was delicious but we didn't get to take in the full experience as the winery closed early for a private function that day. We were advised when we made lunch reservations though so it was not a surprise.

Visited June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Can't be beat in WA”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have done a lot of wine tasting in West Australia and Vasse Felix is by far the best. If they have it available ask to taste the big "H". You will fall in love. I have toted cases eveytime I have been to WA and givin the choice I would leave my luggage behind and bring back the hooch!

Visited December 2012
Billericay, United Kingdom
290 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped here primarily for lunch with the added opportunity to taste the wine, which, of course, was excellent. A stroll past the exterior sculptures takes you to the main building which houses the restaurant, Art Gallery and tasting room. The staff are friendly, efficient and helpful and you get good measures of wine to try, even if much of it needs to end in the pot after tasting, if you want to taste elsewhere. Well worth the visit.

Visited April 2013