“Ignore the bigger ones, go small!”

Margaret River Regional Wine Centre
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Cowaramup
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We toured the wineries with friends who knew the area and while we did visit a couple of the bigger and better known places we tended to head for the smaller ones. We were not disappointed! While most of the wineries produce really good wine there are some small ones that produce stunning wines at much cheaper prices.
Also, chat to the servers, if they think you know a little about wine some of the rarer, more expensive wines come out from under the shelf for you to try.
Look for the vineyards as you drive around you will spot the smaller ones by the smaller signs tucked away.

2  Thank Richard P
There are newer reviews for Margaret River Regional Wine Centre

Reviewed February 19, 2013

In this day and age not to have wi fi was a bummer (we never found one place with wi fi connection including the hotel we stayed). You might say, "Get a life! You're on a break, leave your iPad at home." But I have serious things going on in my life at the moment and need to keep in touch and some places there was no mobile service.

The next thing is that GENERALLy speaking, we found things very expensive. Why do wineries with restaurants give small amounts of food and charge the earth?

2  Thank Vagawi
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We loved the fact that at the Regional Wine Centre tastings, you get to taste wine from some of the smaller wineries that don't have cellar doors. The White Port is to die for!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I did not visit this wine center but I wanted to comment on how important it is to find a very small tour company to take you to the different wineries in the Margaret River. I ended up on a large bus tour that only went to large "factory" wineries. Once I got to Margaret River, I found there smaller tours I could have taken

1  Thank springstraveler
Reviewed January 19, 2012

You'd be better off visiting wineries. Occassionally have some bargin wines.