“Nougat haven”

Bettenay's Margaret River Nougat Company
Ranked #3 of 7 Shopping in Cowaramup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our French Style nougat is the ultimate more-ish treat. Hand made using our family recipe, our nougat comes is a range of flavours from traditional Cranberry & Pistachio, to Honey & Toasted Almond, to Rum & Raisin, as well as our decadent chocolate coated range. As a family we have been making nougat for many years. We look forward to seeing you and sharing this wonderful treat of treats with you.
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

I would not have known Bettanys had i not read the south west brochure. It is located at close proximity with providore and the chocolate factory. The compound has a lake with chairs and picnic tables around perfect for enjoying wine and nougat. The nougat blocks go for $14.95. I highly recommend these for gifts of local produce. My favourite was the cranberry pistachio nougats.

All reviews
"well worth the visit"
"sweet tooth"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Recently dropped in to do some wine tasting and came across there nougat!!
From memory there were 34 different varieties could be wrong maybe more absolutely lovely staff were very helpful and friendly

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I went to Bettenays on Easter Sunday. The surrounding area is beautiful. There is a little lake outside that creates a very serene environment. I could have easily stayed a lot longer.
The staff members I met were very friendly and knowledgeable about the wine and the nougat. I'm not a nougat eater myself, so had to rely on their recommendations. It turns out that they had good taste as my friends all loved the different options I brought back.
I recommend Bettenays as a place to visit down South.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

My wife and I were driving by and decided to pop in. Although busy with a larger tour, the staff acknowledged us, made us feel welcome and we had a great laugh with them. We chatted much longer than the tasting, the owner has a particularly wicked irrelevant sense of humour!

The range of nougat is incredible and very delicious. The nougatreto (liquid nougat) has become a staple part of my after dinner ice-cream at night! They were also quite generous with the tasting offerings.

Thoroughly recommended visit for anyone in the region.

1  Thank JbandLisa