“Lovely escape”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cowaramup
Bettenay's Redgum Ridge Cottages
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Bettenay's Lakeside and we loved it. The chalet we had was very cute and very clean, it looked as though it had been recently refurbished. Linens were clean, bath towels were clean.

Highly recommended for a weekend getaway!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I visit Margaret River 6 or 7 times a year as I have family there and usually stay with them. This time though I was having a Mother-Daughter bonding weekend with my girl, and also our family there had expanded by one last week and we wanted to meet the new family member and didn't want to stay with them for obvious reasons. When planning our weekend I looked up a few accommodation places I could remember but no-one had a vacancy. So I tried wotif.com to see what they could come up with. Best thing I have done! Bettenay's popped up and had a vacancy for the weekend. Before booking I read through TripAdviser as I always do and there were some very negative posts from past years, and one very positive one from March this year about Bettenay cottages. My daughter and I decided to give it a go and when we got there late Friday afternoon, we were blown away by not only the position of the cottage, but the style and cleanliness. It had been very thoughtfully furnished, inside and out, and had some very homely touches. It had obviously been recently decorated and updated.... except for the bathroom which needs attention as it is dated and not up to the rest of the standard of the cottage. It was clean but dated and that is the only negative comment I can make. We had the 2 bedroomed cottage, and there is another one about 150m away separated by trees. It was so quiet we could hear all the birds - we saw parrots, kukaburras, wrens, honeyeaters, and others we didn't recognise - and they were all in the trees and shrubs around the cottage. The verandah overlooked the lake and vines and we spent much time sitting there just soaking up the quiet and calm of this beautiful place. There is reverse cycle aircon - and also a wood stove with a plentiful supply of chopped wood if you prefer heat the old fashioned way. Can I recommend it? Certainly can if you like quiet and out of the way places to commune with nature and expect a good standard of accommodation. If you want noisy and busy accommodation, no way is this for you. Already recommending this place to family and friends and will be back again and again......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karinya
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my first review on trip advisor despite reading lots of other reviews previously. I booked Bettenay without seeing these reviews and so was amazed when I got here. The 3 bed chalet was outstanding, it is a rustic chalet with modern facilities and has recently been decorated. It was clean and fitted to an excellent standard for how it is marketed.

We arrived for a 2 night stay and our request for a cot on the booking site had not come through but the lady in the shop fixed this straight away and we had a cot within a few minutes. The next day we arrived home from a day out and after the winery was supposed to close but the owner was still in there and allowed us to come in for a tasting well past normal closing time. He is a true Aussie guy, he says things how they are but is very friendly and helpful.

The wine and nougat are both excellent and the friendliness at the tasting is better than most other vineyards where we found service to be brusque.

I would recommend staying here to anyone and think you should ignore the previous reviews as they have worked hard on improving the accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank neilmullane
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed two nights in the three bedroom lakeside villa in January. I booked it before looking here on Trip Advisor and I was a little bit worried due to the poor ratings and reviews the place had gotten.
I am pleased to say that you shouldn't always believe what you read on the internet! We found the villa VERY comfortable, clean and well appointed. We could have easily stayed for a week! We also received a nice cheese platter and chilled bottle of wine on our arrival and we even arrived an hour earlier than 'check-in' time!
We met the owner on our last day - in the morning just before we left - and found him to be very nice and friendly.
I would recommend staying at Bettenay's to anyone, we will definitely be back to stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed November 18, 2012

HOwever seeing below post all serivce seems to be non exisitant. Stayed for 2 nights as the minimum booking is 2 nights and the serivce was ridculas, it felt as though we were in the way and unwelcomed on arrival and during our stay. Which is a shame as the studio apartment was lovely and the view beautiful. regardless to say would not recommend

2  Thank Shann0nMarie
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed in the 2 bedroom lakeside villa and the place was an absolute abomination. The floors and benches were dirty, there was old food in the fridge which I assume was left from another guest and I have never seen so many spiders and bugs than I have when I stayed at this lodge. The whole place smelt dank. We stayed two nights and I could not wait to get the hell out of the place. Also, we didn't hear or see anyone (owner or manager) the entire time. I'd comment on the service, but there was none.
To top it all off, it's been just under a month since we stayed and I have only just managed to rid my house of the bedbugs we picked up there. I am positive it was at Bettenays that we picked them up as we stayed with friends in their brand new apartment during the first leg of our trip.
My advice to anyone who asks will be not to stay at this Bettenays, unless they want a truly repulsive experience. Get you act together, I can't believe you're charging people for this.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ktra1789
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I spent four days in Margaret River showing friendsvisiting numerous wineries and enjoying the scenery. The tour was fantastic untill we stopped at Bettenay Wines. The saying that one horrible experience can ruin a trip is true. The apparent "gentleman" that was serving our group, 3 men and 2 women, was rude, arrogant and highly offensive to all, but in particular the ladies. His obvious lack of ability to make people feel welcome was highlighted when he could not stop staring at the females within our group whilst licking his lips. His extreme poor taste in jokes was highlighted further by his inability to stop talking about, and making, sexual anecdotes when pooring a taste of wine for the girls. However, what can you expect from someone who is more focussed on pouring themselves a drink rather than potential clientele.

After five minuites of being in this location, the girls in our group felt so uncomfortable that we simply had to leave. One of our group likened him to the dirty man in the movie Braveheart. The only enjoyable experience at this loctaion was leaving a cloud of dust behind us as we exited the vineyard to find another. Will we return to this location, not a chance.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends