Lowest prices for your stay
$24
Free cancellation until 12/03/22
$21
Free cancellation until 12/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
$18
Priceline$21
Travelocity$24
Hotels.com$24
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2010

this property was probably nice 20 or 30 years ago. absolutely no investment seems to have been made in its maintenance and improvement since then! i suspect that the only investments consist in bribes to tour guides to bring their guests there!!! some staff tried to be nice but several were just very cold as if we were in a government run hotel...

we were supposed to have a deluxe room. the only deluxe element was the price (about THB 1300) which was way too high for such a low standard property in this part of the country. I feel this place had the worst value for money of all the places i stayed in northern thailand. this only nice thing was the free wifi available in the room, which surprised us as every thing else was so old and not functionning (only one of the many electric plugs worked). but i would have preferred to have a better bed with newer and unstained bedsheets and a better smelling bathroom and pay for the wifi :-)

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Nicolas C
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I stayed one night at the Maeyom Palace Hotel where our tour group (15 travelers) was booked. Phrae is not a major tourist destination for Westerners, and we were told the hotel was the best available in terms of amenities.

The decor was dated, but my room and bath did not seem dirty. We arrived at the end of a very hot day of touring, and I was able to take a refreshing shower. We were served dinner on the hotel's outdoor patio.

I turned in early, as I usually did on this tour, as we tended to start out early in the morning. The air conditioning was more than adequate and my room was very comfortable for sleeping. The bedding was clean and fresh, as were the towels. I was able to put a couple of bottles of water into the mini-bar fridge to cool overnight.

The breakfast buffet in the hotel dining room was ample.

The hotel has a swimming pool which is very popular with the residents of Phrae, who may pay to use it. It was full of people when we arrived in the afternoon.

There are two computers in the lobby which provide internet access for a modest hourly fee, so I was able to check email. I don't know how high-speed the connection was because I just checked email and a few websites.

Overall, this was not a bad place to stay for a night. I thought that the many pieces of ornately carved furniture in the large lobby, along with the chandeliers and other decorations, were interesting because they reflected local taste.

Date of stay: April 2009
3  Thank Toofargone
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This hotel was probably a nice place to stay at one time. It is now grungy and past its prime. The furnishings are worn and dated and the bathroom, fueled by a super high-flow shower, is prone to flooding (due to poor design). The air conditioner is not sufficient for cooling the rooms and we spent a hot, muggy night at this hotel as a result.

On the positive, the rooms are relatively spacious. Our 5th floor corner room provided excellent mountain views, especially at sundown and sunrise.

All in all, this hotel is ok for one night for travelers just passing through, but I surely do not recommend more than one utilitarian stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2008
1  Thank COLadyRoadWarrior
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel as we had heard that was the "best that this town has to offer but still not much". We found it to be quite nice. The staff seemed delighted that our tour stopped there for a night and had a sign in the window to welcome our group. They gave us a welcome fruit cocktail and a packaged wet washcloth in the lobby before we checked in. There are 2 restaurants..one inside and one outside. We had dinner outside and the food was very good. Breakfast was a buffet in the inside restaurant. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I think you'll be happy staying here. It's a good stop between Phitsanulok and Chiang Rai.

Date of stay: December 2007
4  Thank CalicoTraveler
Reviewed December 3, 2006

I was told by our guide that this was the BEST hotel in Phrae as it really hasn't developed a full infrastructure for accomodating tourists as yet. This is a good standard hotel located right in the centre of town. It's an older building with wide staircases and a bit of character, and a very nice pool area out back. The rooms were quite well appointed and overall it is a good 3 star hotel. Breakfast was supplied and was a nice buffet.

If you are content with an older hotel which is really quite comfortable for a pleasant overnight stay, then the Maeyom Palace will suit you well. If you want something better, you will have to venture outside of the Town of Phrae.

Date of stay: November 2006