A lovely old Inn, date over the door states 1688. Warm and friendly reception. Our rooms turned out to be in 'The Sally' over the road. As with most buildings of great age, the rooms are not of a uniform size, (as in modern hotels), and the shower rooms were tiny, but there is a limit to what you can do with old buildings. The beds were king sized and very comfortable. Also very clean.
Dined downstairs in the restaurant, the cheese burger was a great hit, obviously home-made, and the beef balti from the specials board was to die for. Superb. After a drink there we went over to the main building, every table was taken, with diners. The atmosphere was great, local accents everywhere, which I always think is a good sign. Enjoyed our drinks in there. Can't fault anyone .
Although my room overlooked the kitchen area(someone has to have it) it was quiet after the kitchen closed at 9pm, and as breakfast is served in the main building there was no early morning disturbance, a goods nights sleep. Breakfast in the main building was very good, quick and efficient service, and again, friendly and pleasant staff. A good start to the day. No complaints, would be very happy to stay again and probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1688 this traditional Lakeland Inn with its slate flagged floors, beamed ceilings and open fire retains all the character you would expect from this popular village pub. Situated at the foot of Blencathra in the beautiful village of Threlkeld with views towards Skiddaw & Helvellyn this really is the place relax and enjoy the beauty of the Northern Lake district. The Horse & Farrier is committed to serving food and drink of excellent quality amidst informal surroundings. We have an excellent reputation in the Lake district for serving home cooked Fayre either in our intimate restaurant or cosy bar. Our menus are interesting and varied with vegetarians well catered for. We have two pubs in the village which cater for every occasion,two cottages and 14 well appointed bedrooms. Jooles & the team look forward to welcoming you to The Horse & Farrier & The Salutation Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Horse & Farrier Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse And Farrier Inn
- Horse & Farrier Hotel Threlkeld
- Horse & Farrier Inn Threlkeld, England - Cumbria