This is a popular stay for walkers and cyclist and is still bustling in October. We (3) stayed here on night one of our C2C cycle trip to Sunderland.
We arrived in the dark but having passed here before we new were in for comfortable surroundings. The slight mix up with our room (should have been twin and not a double) was quickly rectified as we sat down to a glorious pint of 'Cocker Hoop' and an excellent hearty meal. All of the staff here know what they are doing and are very good at what they do.
Thanks for a great stay.
Darren, Chris, John
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1688 this traditional Lakeland Inn with its slate flagged floors, beamed ceilings and open fire retains all the character you would expect from this popular village pub. Situated at the foot of Blencathra in the beautiful village of Threlkeld with views towards Skiddaw & Helvellyn this really is the place relax and enjoy the beauty of the Northern Lake district. The Horse & Farrier is committed to serving food and drink of excellent quality amidst informal surroundings. We have an excellent reputation in the Lake district for serving home cooked Fayre either in our intimate restaurant or cosy bar. Our menus are interesting and varied with vegetarians well catered for. We have two pubs in the village which cater for every occasion,two cottages and 14 well appointed bedrooms. Jooles & the team look forward to welcoming you to The Horse & Farrier & The Salutation Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Horse & Farrier Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse And Farrier Inn
- Horse & Farrier Hotel Threlkeld
- Horse & Farrier Inn Threlkeld, England - Cumbria