Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 11/06/21
Travelocity$25
CheapTickets$25
Orbitz.com$25
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were suprised to find such a good room at a good price when the biggest festival of the year was on in Sakon Nakhon. Good clean room and all facilities were of a good standard. Can`t believe the receptionist remembered me after I had inquired there about three months before and she spoke good English.

Hotel is centrally located and has a good carpark which had easy access to the hotel. Breakfast was good but mainly Asian which was no problem for either of us. When we stay in Sakon Nakhon we will definitely be staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank Paulandnid
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Situated right in town. Night Market and city shopping is a comfortable walking distance. Large car park. ALL the staff are very polite and courteous and for a long timer visitor to be called by your first name is nice. The hotel is very clean and all facilities excellent. English speaking reception. The rooms are spacious, homely, peaceful and quiet. Never ever have I had to make a complaint in any respect. This hotel gets a very big thumbs up from me.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank bunjijohn
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The Majestic has a large parking area, which we found useful. The room we had was a deluxe room because the standard rooms were fully occupied by Chinese package tourists. The room was very large and was good value for the price we paid.

Just across the street from the hotel the Night Plaza market has excellent and cheap food. My pad thai would have fed 3 people and cost just 30 baht.

The following morning, as a result of arriving in the breakfast room after the Chinese tour group had picked the buffet clean, we didn't have a very fulfilling breakfast.

The Majestic has a slight identity problem. A lot of their items are labelled "MJ" and the hotel seems to be known by both names, Majestic and MJ. Still it's good value for money.

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Staff were friendly enough. Lady (manager?) very friendly at front desk and speaks good English.

Stayed three nights. 550 baht/night, INCLUDES breakfast buffet (standard asian buffet). Spent a bit of time at the bar. If you are looking for companionship, I am certain the bartender can assist ;) although I'm not really into that scene. The "disco" was open. It had a live Thai rock band, not bad. Pestered a bit by freelancers and coyotes... but to others... might not be considered pestering :)

Room was large, very well lit, fridge, TV, decent view. Only issue is, no internet, unless there was an Ethernet connection somewhere I did not see. Mozzies in room for some reason. Cyberpoint wireless in the area, but weak connection, if you want to pay for that. Other than that, if you need internet, better have wireless broadband.

Near the vege night market. 7/11 across the street. Big C shopping down the street. Not much else to do.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank FoolishFarang
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My wife and I have stayed at the MJ 3 times this year-June, July and October. We use it as a base to visit our daughter at Kasetsart University, Sakok Nakhon campus 15 km out of town. Our home is in Ubon.

The hotel is okay. We get a room for 800 baht/night with breakfast. Room is clean, quiet and the breakfast adequate.

Staff are not that interested in guests. Only 1 man at the desk speaks English but as I speak fluent Thai that is not a problem. Last week when we stayed they had no internet computer but they let me use their own laptop as there is a wireless network throughout the hotel. I will bring my own next time. Also in the restaurant for breakfast, the cook cooked up special thai vegetables for me without MSG. Service was great.

I think the hotel is saving on staff as there seemed to be hardly anyone around-only one waitress in the restaurant.

We find the location very convenient. We enjoy the wonderful park about 1 km down the road. Great to walk and jog around in the evening. Then there is the Green Corner restaurant only 500 m away. What a restaurant. Serves Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and European food; has its own bakery with different breads including wholebread and the usual range of cakes; serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We won't eat anywhere else. Very clean.

I wish every town had a restaurant like Green Corner.

Sakon Nakhon is defintely not a tourist place like Mukdahan and Ubon and not international like Khon Kaen and Udorn. I am just comparing North East Thailand cities.

Therefore don't expect good service and don't expect much English. However, the people are very nice even if they don't go out their way to help you. It is the way they are.

It boils down to this. There isn't much choice in Sakon Nakhon. The MJ is the best one by far.

Date of stay: October 2009